3. Stowe
4. Sugarbush
5. Sugarloaf
6. Sunday River
7. Gore
8. Killington
9. Okemo
10. Stratton

That's right, Gore is ahead of Killington, Okemo and Stratton.

And Whiteface doesn't even make the list!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Suck it HPD!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NPN
09-22-2008, 07:53 PM
And Whiteface doesn't even make the list!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Suck it HPD!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which just shows once again what a joke the ski mags rating system is all about.

If enough crack heads respond to the survey, or lobbying dollars show up, this kind of thing happens.

Now before you go all "More Gore" on this observation just look at the way things set up out West. To compare Snowbird/Alta ( always down the list from places like Dear Park in the past ( which is insanity to begin with )) to Vail, you've got to be over using the crack pipe.

But bottom line this all comes down to what you like. Gore lovers are Gore lovers, and the same goes for Whiteface.

If I used the ski mags to decide where I spent my ski dollars, I'd be way bent.

Happy first day of Fall to ya'.

mattchuck2
09-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Well aware . . . I was mostly kidding, as demonstrated by the 3 :lol: thingies

But if HPD is going to crow in the "Whiteface #4 in Ski Magazine" thread, then I feel fully justified in pumping Gore in this thread.

09-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Uhhhh. No. Good god no. Just no.

Harvey44
09-23-2008, 06:45 AM
Is that a reader poll? What are the criteria?

Not sure what Tmorry means but if it is...."I don't want the publicity"....I agree.

As far as Matt's motivation...in the offseason... aside from renovations...smack is all we got, for a little conversation. :D

Actually feels like the pre season...frost is on the pumpkin up here!

Lbtchnlgs
09-23-2008, 10:49 AM
I don't see a big issue about exposure, people already know about Gore/Whiteface- they are the only two legit mountains in New York. (opinion of course)

Another thing is, is that it is #7 on the list, I'm sure people would aim for top 3 for their February vacations.

An' Another thing ( :wink: Tmorry)- Is that more people = more money. more money = more expansions (not limited to trail expansions, but snowmaking, lifts ect...)

We gotta give a little to get a little

NPN
09-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Well aware . . . I was mostly kidding, as demonstrated by the 3 :lol: thingies

But if HPD is going to crow in the "Whiteface #4 in Ski Magazine" thread, then I feel fully justified in pumping Gore in this thread.

Definitely understood, and don't think for a second I was trying to get a rise out of anybody.

It's just that every year I get twitched reading these idiotic resort ratings.

Maybe I'll grow up someday, and reach the point where ( if it wasn't for the sake of the Mountain's joint revenues to get favorable press ) I'd remember that I hope none of my favorite spots were ever mentioned in these rags.

Regardless, it's getting colder every night, so I'll relax in the reality that it's only sixty days 'til lift off.

09-24-2008, 10:26 AM
My no's are all encompassing. Don't think Gore should have made that list. Think if it did make it it should have only been in the 10 spot or WH should have been there. Think this will bring more people on weekends but that is not really a big deal. Think the whole thing is kinda a goof...