PDA

View Full Version : Update to the Gore Trail Map

takeahike46er
10-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Not only was Cirque Glades added to the trail map, but Pipeline Trail was added as well.

Pipeline Trail is the existing trail that leads from the North Quad to the Ski Bowl. On the trail map it states that there is "no return lift service". Looks like the first step is being made in connecting Gore Mountain to the Ski Bowl and North Creek.

Another modification: Twister Glades are no longer shown running parallel to Echo. It appears they have been neutered.

ComeBackMudPuddles
10-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Cool!

Just wish their trail map was more legible (the PDF isn't big enough and doesn't have a zoom function).....And, I wish I could open the interactive trailmap at work, but it's blocked.

http://goremountain.com/mountain/i/maplarge.jpg

highpeaksdrifter
10-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Not only was Cirque Glades added to the trail map, but Pipeline Trail was added as well.

Pipeline Trail is the existing trail that leads from the North Quad to the Ski Bowl. On the trail map it states that there is "no return lift service". Looks like the first step is being made in connecting Gore Mountain to the Ski Bowl and North Creek.

Another modification: Twister Glades are no longer shown running parallel to Echo. It appears they have been neutered.

Three years ago my son and I where at Gore on a Friday and they where giving tours down to the Ski Bowl. After skiing the Pipeline trail they bused us back to the base.

In most spots it was very flat. In one section you had to actually go slightly uphill for a while. Maybe they regraded it. It gets you to the Ski Bowl, but other then that there wasn't much to recomand for it.

Denison
10-03-2008, 10:47 AM
I hope they have a shuttle bus from Ski Bowl - it would give an option to park there and ski Pipeline at the end of a day.

Ski Bowl skiing was not included in a Gore ticket, so with Pipeline officially open, will skiers be able to ride the lift at the Bowl with Gore's ticket?

Must say that tubing there is great - no crowds even on holiday weekend, quality hill, new tubes, quick staff.

10-05-2008, 04:51 PM
I don't think I've ever encountered this Cirque area they're claiming, and I've done some exploring over on Burnt. Anyone want to comment?

skimore
10-05-2008, 07:31 PM
I don't think I've ever encountered this Cirque area they're claiming, and I've done some exploring over on Burnt. Anyone want to comment?

If you left the hut and stayed as far skiers left as you could wihtout going over the NE side you would be skiing next to some rocks and cliffs that come in from your left. It's pretty cool back there

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3138/2917114954_33d41ddb59.jpg

mattchuck2
10-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I hit it maybe 3 years ago . . . Heard that there's been some undergrowth since then . . .

If you get out far enough, you get to a point where there's small (10') cliffs skier's right, and decently pitched, relatively open pow lines left. It was kind of a trek to get out there, but this year, it looks like it might be one of my first places to go on a powder morning . . . especially if they cleared out that growth.

Actually, the whole lift might be a pretty sweet powder day destination. It's definitely going to be the fastest chair (I imagine it'll be faster than the triple). And, even if the Gondola is faster, it's a pain in the ass skiing those lower mountain trails in deep snow (not enough pitch). I heard that Sagamore is like Topridge in terms of steepness.

Fast lift + good pitch = lots of early morning powder runs for me.

skimore
10-05-2008, 08:14 PM
and there is a spot towards the bottom where you think you are skiing some nice open trees with only moderate pitch and all of a sudden there is a 15ft+ cliff you are going over and its a flat landing. Unless you know it's there its hard to pickup until it's almost too late. It's marked with a little ribbon

10-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Oh okay if it's what I'm thinking of I'm a bit familiar with the area...

Snowballs
10-29-2008, 08:49 PM
yea, i too have "skied" the pipeline trail, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
it's not much, definitely not worth leaving the main mt for.