PDA

View Full Version : Lookout Mtn. Lift

cloudspin
10-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Does anyone know if the towers will be placed today? Webcam photos look like promising weather.

Adirondackskier
10-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Just called the mountain...they are waiting for the helicopter company to confirm a rescheduled date.

ComeBackMudPuddles
10-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Any more news about the lift installation??

Thanks....

Alkyy
10-13-2008, 08:50 PM
i heard that its up and done... im guessing that its true but i havent seen it myself

Adirondackskier
10-14-2008, 11:04 AM
I just called the mountain...............

the lifts are scheduled to be flown in on October 22

Adirondackskier
10-14-2008, 02:37 PM
I just called the mountian.....

towers have now been pushed up to the 21st of October.

Skier 4 Life
10-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Great news, Adk skier. Thanks for the update! :D

ComeBackMudPuddles
10-15-2008, 06:07 AM
I just called the mountian.....

towers have now been pushed up to the 21st of October.

Thanks!!!

For the life of me, I can't figure out why WF isn't doing a better job of regularly communicating with the public about Lookout Mt. progress, generally, and the lift installation, specifically.

NPN
10-15-2008, 07:19 PM
As the World ( financial, and other ) falls apart, I'm just stupid happy to see that it's still on at all.

Color me easy to please.

Harvey44
10-15-2008, 07:50 PM
You got that right NPN.

I'm wondering about the credit markets. I assume that eastern ski areas borrow money early season to get it all going and pay it off at the end.

Hope it all comes off.

PS - happy 2nd anniversary of joining skiadk!

NPN
10-16-2008, 03:49 PM
You got that right NPN.

I'm wondering about the credit markets. I assume that eastern ski areas borrow money early season to get it all going and pay it off at the end.

Hope it all comes off.

PS - happy 2nd anniversary of joining skiadk!

Thanks H, I forgot about that!

mark
10-17-2008, 01:54 PM
For the life of me, I can't figure out why WF isn't doing a better job of regularly communicating with the public about Lookout Mt. progress, generally, and the lift installation, specifically.

-----------------

hello all

i feel your pain.

we are in a "hurry up and stop" mode. the logistics are insane. plans change as quickly as the weather up here. we try to keep people posted the best we can, however we don't want to post content until we are sure of things.

i did post the date for chair installation on monday here: http://www.orda.org/newsite/

our next scheduled update on the mountain status will be on the 22nd. hopefully we have a plethora of images to post

overall, my biggest concern with the sites(S) is content organization and flow. this is something we are working on. please be patient.

mark

ComeBackMudPuddles
10-17-2008, 02:11 PM

-----------------

hello all

i feel your pain.

we are in a "hurry up and stop" mode. the logistics are insane. plans change as quickly as the weather up here. we try to keep people posted the best we can, however we don't want to post content until we are sure of things.

i did post the date for chair installation on monday here: http://www.orda.org/newsite/

our next scheduled update on the mountain status will be on the 22nd. hopefully we have a plethora of images to post

overall, my biggest concern with the sites(S) is content organization and flow. this is something we are working on. please be patient.

mark

Thanks, Mark. Much appreciated. It's exciting times for WF skiers, and for those of us who need to rely on the internets to get their information because they live far away, any news beats no news.

highpeaksdrifter
10-17-2008, 03:33 PM

-----------------

hello all

i feel your pain.

mark

Thanks, Mark. Much appreciated. It's exciting times for WF skiers, and for those of us who need to rely on the internets to get their information because they live far away, any news beats no news.

In that case they paved the road over to Kid's Kampus, that's news. :wink: Actually it looks really good.