PDA

View Full Version : where to go

jimmer
10-29-2008, 02:25 PM
is there anyplace open as of yet?

rossi
10-29-2008, 02:27 PM
mt snow opens soon, i heard kilington in 2 weeks but idk about that one. teddy and some of his friends hiked gore today. haha. if you go somewhere bring me:):)

jimmer
10-29-2008, 04:01 PM
mt snow opens soon, i heard kilington in 2 weeks but idk about that one. teddy and some of his friends hiked gore today. haha. if you go somewhere bring me:):)you got it as soon as a place opens up,did u get ur new skis yet,i did ,haha

rossi
10-30-2008, 03:53 PM
i got them ordered the other day. ha. the salomon guy was in the other day and gave me a pretty awesome shirt cuz i was getting suspects. haha. i cant wait to get them!!! my pinkbases are gunna make you jealous, dont lie, you wish you had that.

Harvey44
10-31-2008, 06:25 PM
Kmart opens on sunday.

As Jimmer would say...get out there and Git it.

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=5206

11-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Kmart opens with a 65 dollar lift ticket I believe. GNAR.

Lbtchnlgs
11-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Killington is a terrible place. I'll wait for mt snow

11-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Unless you're strictly skiing park or 18 degree groomers Mount Snow is worse.

mattchuck2
11-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Yeah . . . Both of those mountains are lame.

And definitely not worth the coin.

HudsonHiker
11-01-2008, 09:45 PM
This is a Gore Mt. place and I assume we're all pretty much biased towards Gore. But what if you had to reccomend another mountian close by.What do you tell your friends. I see Killington and Mt. Snow get bad marks from some but really what else would any one seriousily reccomend. I always wanted to go to Mad River that seemed kinda interesting. Thanks Peter.

Denison
11-01-2008, 10:13 PM
I really liked Okemo last Thanksgiving weekend, in fact I plan to ski it after this Thanksgiving too.
It might be flat and boring but for first days of skiing it's good enough. They usually have more open terrain in November then anyone else, even Killington

Harvey44
11-02-2008, 07:12 AM
If I had the money to step out on my girlfriend Gore, I'd hit MRG, Sugarbush and Jay. But I don't. Oh yeah Alta. Droool.

11-02-2008, 11:52 AM
If I'm going to drive to Southern VT, which isn't a bad drive for me, I'm going to Magic (or Okemo because someone gets me passes for free on occasion). I'd honestly rather ski Gore in a 45 minute drive then ski Mount Snow or Okemo in a little under 2 hours, and if there was a southern VT storm I'll just do Magic because its awesome.

KMart would be a great place if it wasn't so damn expensive.

11-02-2008, 11:55 AM
I really liked Okemo last Thanksgiving weekend, in fact I plan to ski it after this Thanksgiving too.
It might be flat and boring but for first days of skiing it's good enough. They usually have more open terrain in November then anyone else, even Killington

Quoted for truth. My friend and I headed up to Okemo last opening day for them last year and had a great time. 5 trails or whatnot, and one of them was jam packed all day. The two that branched off were empty. We couldn't figure out why they were, but they were totally empty, so we just rode them all day. They even had more sun exposure so the snow was soft and the trails were steeper too.

If I had the money to step out on my girlfriend Gore, I'd hit MRG, Sugarbush and Jay. But I don't. Oh yeah Alta. Droool.

I'd do it if I lived further north - Stowe can also be included in your list there too (even more coin), but a 3+ hour drive all the time would be nuts.

11-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Actually I lied Magic totally sucks don't waste your time there - the snowmaking is non-existent and the trails are mellow and boring.

mattchuck2
11-02-2008, 08:54 PM
If I was going to Southern VT, Magic or Bromley are so much better than Mt. Snow (with tons more character).

Killington is okay, but I wouldn't go there for a "pure skiing experience". I'd mainly go there to ski a little and party a lot.

If I was going for real skiing in VT, I'd go Stowe, MRG, Jay, Sugarbush, Smugg's (in that order). I also enjoyed Cannon in NH.

I:)skiing
11-03-2008, 10:02 PM
MRG (haven't skied it but but drove by it and am drooling to do so) and Stowe---Go North, not South.

11-03-2008, 10:42 PM
If I was going to Southern VT, Magic or Bromley are so much better than Mt. Snow (with tons more character).

Killington is okay, but I wouldn't go there for a "pure skiing experience". I'd mainly go there to ski a little and party a lot.

If I was going for real skiing in VT, I'd go Stowe, MRG, Jay, Sugarbush, Smugg's (in that order). I also enjoyed Cannon in NH.

100% agreed.