PDA

View Full Version : Snowmaking to start 11/15

Skier 4 Life
10-30-2008, 09:54 PM
For those who hadn't noticed, Bridget posted her first Snowcast of the season yesterday. :)
Check it out on the WF "On Mountain/Conditions" webpage at http://www.whiteface.com/conditions/ She did mention that...

"Due to our major improvements to snowmaking we will not begin snowmaking until the 15th of November. That is totally enough time to lay our a magic white carpet of fun for opening day. "

Hopefully, mother nature will cooperate and allow the snowmaking crew (and groomers) to make this happen. THINK SNOW :!:

highpeaksdrifter
10-31-2008, 07:35 AM
That's good news. No sense making snow earlier just to have it melt.

cloudspin
10-31-2008, 09:40 AM
Is there likely to be snowmaking on anything other than the Wilmington trail? Bridget's report suggested only one trail will have snowmaking.

oldskibum
10-31-2008, 01:10 PM
Is there likely to be snowmaking on anything other than the Wilmington trail? Bridget's report suggested only one trail will have snowmaking. The norm for years past is to start with Excelsior, to U Valley, to L. Valley, or perhaps have L. Northway as an option also. Doesn't make much difference as long as they are open, and we are skiing!!! It is all good.

Snowballs
10-31-2008, 03:36 PM
here's the important questions.

does anyone know if Bridget is hotter/cuter than Gore's Emily ?

who has the nicer ski booty?

Denison
11-01-2008, 10:29 PM
does anyone know if Bridget is hotter/cuter than Gore's Emily ?

"Bridget" is a computer-generated voice, narrating material written by Whiteface staff.

Skier 4 Life
11-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Getting back on topic, I received an e-mail today directed to those who are (or may be) Whiteface season pass holders and it said...

"Whiteface will begin making snow on Monday the 17th of November (pending weatherconditions), we will begin on trails off of the Cloudsplitter Gondola. Our projected opening day is November 28th. The day after Thanksgiving."

With the weather turning colder, it won't be long now! 8)

nyspnypd
11-13-2008, 10:42 PM
yes the weather will cooperate for snowmaking starting Saturday night with possible lake effect snow making it over to the mountain but yes the temps will favor it cant wait!! :D

CUskibum
11-17-2008, 01:12 PM
So does anyone know if they're making snow yet? Today was the day they were supposed to start. I checked the webcam, but you really can't see much above the base, and the snow report page is still messed up.

oldskibum
11-17-2008, 01:50 PM
So does anyone know if they're making snow yet? Today was the day they were supposed to start. I checked the webcam, but you really can't see much above the base, and the snow report page is still messed up.If the temp and humidity are good, then they are most likely shooting. I checked the web cam earlier, and thought I could see a snow cloud on top of little wf. By the way aren't you supposed to be studying? you're spending a lot of time on this site for a student!! hahaha

nyspnypd
11-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Update they just threw a pic of snowmaking on lower valley on the home page.

highpeaksdrifter
11-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the headsup.

Denison
11-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Whiteface! Whiteface! Whiteface! (crowd's going nuts)

nyspnypd
11-18-2008, 04:47 PM
I think they need to turn the camera so we can see the snowmaking on the webcam. :D

Adirondackskier
11-19-2008, 11:00 AM
I just stopped by the mountain........

Guns are roaring on Excelsior, Upper Valley, Lower Valley, Summit Express, Mixing Bowl, and all over the base. Upper Northway will be next. They are in the process of determining next trails.

CUskibum
11-19-2008, 01:35 PM
So does anyone know if they're making snow yet? Today was the day they were supposed to start. I checked the webcam, but you really can't see much above the base, and the snow report page is still messed up.If the temp and humidity are good, then they are most likely shooting. I checked the web cam earlier, and thought I could see a snow cloud on top of little wf. By the way aren't you supposed to be studying? you're spending a lot of time on this site for a student!! hahaha

True, I should probably be studying. But learning to do work after frequent incidents of procrastination is another important skill learned in college. Unfortunately, physics is not as interesting as skiing...lol

So which trails are going to get blown next? I doubt that anyone will know this for a few days, but if you know what they've done in past years, that could be useful to know. POST IT.