PDA

View Full Version : Ski Tuning

I:)skiing
10-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Looking for someone to do Ski/Board TUNING.

I am going to be running a winter ski rental home that we just purchased. It does not have all the posh of some homes but what it lacks there, I want to make up in ammenities. As such, I am looking for a RELIABLE guy/gal that may want to pick up some extra cash by tuning (or even just waxing) skis. Either at my rental...I plan to build a bench and have a special room for this...(so the guests wont use my DR table) or take them home/to your shop and bring them back.

Stay 4 nights and 2 pr of skis waxed for free, in house.....extra prs are x dollars. (Example)

I would advertise your name and contact info...you would be paid by both me and the renter. NOTE: I dont want or intend to take shop money away from the town shop......just looking to provide a in-house service that I assume will not be avail without the guests going to the shop. I do plan to speak with the local shop....so any suggestions on that would be appreciated as well.

Harvey44
10-31-2008, 01:46 PM
I:)Skiing...not sure if you are near Gore or Whiteface. If you are near Gore and you find someone reliable and either in North Creek or North River I'd like to know about it too. Would rather not drive down to Beaver Brook and back on a ski day.

After Boardertown went down, I tried a place in North Creek. Showed up there at 7:45 in the am as I said I would the next day...the answer I got was..."sorry I didn't get to it." I really want quality and reliability.

I:)skiing
11-01-2008, 08:58 PM
This is for GORE....sorry everyone. I was on the Gore Mtn site and then moved to this thinking this was still exclusive to the mtn.

Snowballs
10-22-2009, 09:19 PM
hey, Pete at beaverbrook outfitters, in weavertown, is a reeeaaally nice guy to deal with. i never had skis tuned there, i'm a DIY guy, but i used to rent skis off of him when i first got started back in '01. he's a fixture at gore. prolly some on here know him. they used to say gore did good tunes, but i don't know first hand.

if you got the time, it's not that hard to do yourself.

ever find someone for your customers, i:)skiing?

here's a real good place to learn some basics. his kits are good too. get a full set of brushes and if you can afford it, the good Moonflex diamond stones rock. get the full set.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/DrDs-Ski-Snowboard-Race-Wax-Tuning/Wax-Selection-for-Ski-Snowboards.html_

course you guys driving hours just to get here probably don't wanna dink around w/tuning.