PDA

View Full Version : Lookout mountain

nyspnypd
11-11-2008, 02:18 PM
If you didn't see on the WF website there is an lookout mountain section and gives you a piture showing the trails and info about the trails also mentions a old warming hut that is up there that they will be fixing up. :)

11-11-2008, 03:03 PM
If you didn't see on the WF website there is an lookout mountain section and gives you a piture showing the trails and info about the trails also mentions a old warming hut that is up there that they will be fixing up. :)

I don't know if it's true but I heard that they don't have the money to finish fixing up the cabin so it is usable for the public this year. Sure would be nice to have a bathroom on the top of the mountain but that's not that important to me if you know what I mean.

nyspnypd
11-11-2008, 05:11 PM

I don't know if it's true but I heard that they don't have the money to finish fixing up the cabin so it is usable for the public this year. Sure would be nice to have a bathroom on the top of the mountain but that's not that important to me if you know what I mean.

Yeah I know. Not sure about the money the description just said this

Porcupine Lodge: Warming hut built in 1949
The lodge will be refurbished in the upcoming years as a warming hut for skiers and riders.
Located a short traverse from the top of the lift
:)

highpeaksdrifter
11-11-2008, 07:07 PM

Yeah I know. Not sure about the money the description just said this

Porcupine Lodge: Warming hut built in 1949
The lodge will be refurbished in the upcoming years as a warming hut for skiers and riders.
Located a short traverse from the top of the lift
:)

On page 2 of this album there are some pics I took of it this August. As of then the only upgrade was tar papering the roof. (Is it still called tar paper?) Anyway I heard it will be used by ski patrol this winter.

http://forums.skiadk.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album50&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php