PDA

View Full Version : So do you think

11-13-2008, 06:18 PM
whiteface will give us a real treat for opening day by having a new trail blown with snow.

nyspnypd
11-13-2008, 06:57 PM
whiteface will give us a real treat for opening day by having a new trail blown with snow.

why are they going to try to get one of the trails open along with the usual they try to open? Cause boy I will hit the new trail if they do :)

tjf67
11-14-2008, 11:15 AM
OOF yeah I think that would be a stretch. The chairs are on but they still have to be tested. I think that is scheduled for the end of the month, after the opening date.

CUskibum
11-15-2008, 02:45 PM
I would almost think that Lookout might be the last to open for several reasons, 1) The chair still needs to be tested, 2) Its not a high traffic area like excelsior or U&L valley. and 3) They'll try to get trails off the Gondola and Face lift open first.

I'm excited just like everyone else for the opening of Lookout Mtn. I've been watching the weather up there for the past 2 weeks just waiting for opening day.

ComeBackMudPuddles
11-17-2008, 06:18 AM
No way Lookout opens before Little Whiteface and the Summit....

Xtremeskiier
11-17-2008, 09:19 AM
I think look out will open before the summit, but little whiteface will definately open up first.

Denison
11-18-2008, 12:47 AM

Not before Excelsior/Little Whiteface, but before Summit for certain. With new snowmaking capacity and cold weather both could open in November

ComeBackMudPuddles
11-18-2008, 08:44 AM

Not before Excelsior/Little Whiteface, but before Summit for certain. With new snowmaking capacity and cold weather both could open in November

You think they'd open Lookout before the Follies and Paron's Run?

takeahike46er
11-18-2008, 06:21 PM
I'd like to see them open the Wilmington trail before Follies and Paron's. Follies and Paron's both dump skiers back into Excelsior, and opening Wilmington would help divert intermediate skiers across the mountain. Not to mention, Lookout Below could be opened up relatively quickly being that it is short and narrow.

highpeaksdrifter
11-18-2008, 08:00 PM
I'd like to see them open the Wilmington trail before Follies and Paron's. Follies and Paron's both dump skiers back into Excelsior, and opening Wilmington would help divert intermediate skiers across the mountain. Not to mention, Lookout Below could be opened up relatively quickly being that it is short and narrow.

I'd like to see that too just because Lookout Mt. is new and exciting.

nyspnypd
11-18-2008, 08:14 PM

I'd like to see that too just because Lookout Mt. is new and exciting.

Agreed. :D