PDA

View Full Version : New Burnt Ridge Trail questions

kornfein
11-17-2008, 01:28 PM
Looking at the trail map I have a number of questions on the trail layout. i wonder if anyone has hiked up there and checked it out.

1. I assume the Hedges goes into Twister, You would ski it over from the New Quad and end up on Twister or does it go downhill the other way?
2. It looks like there is a Trail from Twister just below Hedges that heads over to Echo or is that just part of Twister glades?
3. Anyone have an idea as to how much schlepping will be required to get down Ceders?
4. Will one be able to access Tahawas glades or any North chair trail from Burnt Ridge?

BTW i see the Gore-E-Gully list is no more?

Harvey44
11-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Looking at the trail map I have a number of questions on the trail layout. i wonder if anyone has hiked up there and checked it out.

1. I assume the Hedges goes into Twister, You would ski it over from the New Quad and end up on Twister or does it go downhill the other way?
2. It looks like there is a Trail from Twister just below Hedges that heads over to Echo or is that just part of Twister glades?
3. Anyone have an idea as to how much schlepping will be required to get down Ceders?
4. Will one be able to access Tahawas glades or any North chair trail from Burnt Ridge?

BTW i see the Gore-E-Gully list is no more?

Twister is way below the top of the new quad.

Twister Glades....yep.

The beginning of Cedars from the base will be a little slow. Once you're really on Cedars for real...think Sunway.

I think if you head to the quad from the triple...get yourself onto Echo...you'll cruise it. It could be a nice long run from the saddle. If the T glades are running.

Gore-E-Gully is now Gully.

I like the layout.

The trail map shows it pretty well I think: http://harvey44.blogspot.com/2008/11/burnt-ridge-mtn.html

mattchuck2
11-18-2008, 04:58 PM

Hedges looks like it runs down the path that we used to use to access Tahawus Glades (and Burnt Ridge before it was developed) from Twister. You used to hike uphill until you reached that point where the other entrance to Tahawus glades comes in (from Tahawus, the trail).

I think that it's all been cleared out to form the new trail (if you skied Tahawus Glades last year, you saw the clearing) and yes, you can access Tahawus glades from Hedges. I don't think you can get back to Tahawus (the trail), though, unless they cut something new through the tahawus glades.