PDA

View Full Version : ORDA to cut spending

snowman
11-21-2008, 12:49 PM
http://adirondackdailyenterprise.com/page/content.detail/id/503617.html?nav=5008

I am really glad they got to finish Lookout MT. I hope the lifts can stay open.

Face4Me
11-21-2008, 02:38 PM
"We are also going to be very careful about the number of lifts we operate," he said.
That certainly doesn't give you a warm fuzzy feeling!!!

Adirondackskier
11-21-2008, 03:39 PM
Don't freak out yo....................

Over the summer all businesses were moving towards going green, Whiteface/ORDA included. Whiteface planned energy saving measures to do their part with being more efficient. They planned on reducing early season snowmaking when long range temperatures aren't ideal and they planned on being more efficient with running lifts. think about it, if there are no beginners mid-week on the mixing bowl is it green to keep the lift operating wasting electricity just so that you can add it to the lift count?

Now with what is happening in the world economy "being fiscally responsible" is the new "going green" Bottom line these savings are still an effort to go green, it just has a new name.

All trails that are opened will still be able to be accessed.

This is definitely my own opinion, I didn't call the mountain on this one............

tjf67
11-21-2008, 04:01 PM
I am guessing they have a number of skiers they need or next years allowance is going to get wacked hard. That number should be posted and reposted till it is achieved.

nyspnypd
11-21-2008, 05:30 PM
I think if they want to save money they should think of installing some wind turbines to power the lodge and the lifts. Definitely save money and you also wont loose power unless a line goes down on the mountain. they Definitely should consider that if they want to save money. But I do know how the APA can be. :)

whipple
11-21-2008, 05:42 PM
They could also use micro hydro with the snow making and at the weer at Danny's bridge

Face4Me
11-21-2008, 05:53 PM
Don't freak out yo....................

Over the summer all businesses were moving towards going green, Whiteface/ORDA included. Whiteface planned energy saving measures to do their part with being more efficient. They planned on reducing early season snowmaking when long range temperatures aren't ideal and they planned on being more efficient with running lifts. think about it, if there are no beginners mid-week on the mixing bowl is it green to keep the lift operating wasting electricity just so that you can add it to the lift count?

Now with what is happening in the world economy "being fiscally responsible" is the new "going green" Bottom line these savings are still an effort to go green, it just has a new name.

All trails that are opened will still be able to be accessed.

This is definitely my own opinion, I didn't call the mountain on this one............
I'm not 'freakin' ... just a "scary" quote is all ... I'm sure you're right ... this will apply primarily to mid-week operations.

Let's just hope for lots of cold weather and snow so ORDA has a good year!!!

evantrentful
11-22-2008, 09:01 AM
The nice thing about whiteface (atleast one thing I always liked) is that 100% of the vertical and until just recently about 98% of the trails were all accessible by just running two lifts. The Gondola and Summit quad. Obviously that has changed now with the Lookout Mtn expansion but still they could run three lifts and have the entire mountain open. Maybe throw in the Kids Campus triple. I think more so than any other big mountain in the east whiteface can get away with running limited lifts because of its setup.... gore on the other hand.... welllll we know what midweek can be like there already.