PDA

View Full Version : Rain? Need your opinon

nyspnypd
11-24-2008, 03:19 PM
I have been hearing about rain for tomorrow do you think that will hurt any of the current conditions on the mt. I know how the weather on the Mt. is usually different but just trying to find out what you think. :)

JC7727
11-24-2008, 04:16 PM
3-8 inches of snow for the face

11-24-2008, 04:26 PM
I have been hearing about rain for tomorrow do you think that will hurt any of the current conditions on the mt. I know how the weather on the Mt. is usually different but just trying to find out what you think. :)

I'm back in LP now. At 2200' we have about 4-5" of light, fluffy snow. The temp stayed at about 27-30 today. It's suppose to snow 3-6 up here tonight with rain/snow tomorrow. As long as it's brief it won't hurt so much. Long range forecast is good and the last couple of nights it's been in the low teens and single digits. They can really pump out the snow in those conditions. WF form the LP side is really white from about 3,000' feet up. I was told that there is about 6-8 of natural at the gate house on the toll road and I'll bet there is 12 or more at the summit. I'm going to try to skin up tomorrow if I have time and the weather is OK. See you Friday. Should be good.

CUskibum
11-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Just drove through the storm on the way back to Albany from Potsdam. It was snowing when I was driving from Keene Valley down the northway to about Lake George, and it rained at all points south of that. Whiteface should get a few inches of snow out of this, I'm sure Gore will too.

WHITEFACE NEEDS TO GET THEIR SNOW REPORT WORKING