PDA

View Full Version : This blog site......

12-03-2008, 06:22 PM
has gotten like the economy. Slow and in decline. What happened here. When I first got on the site 2 years ago it was fun with lots of chatter. Are there no local skiers here anymore? Maybe work places are getting smarter and making their employees work during the day instead of surf the web. ADK Skier you should be on this website everyday giving us an update.

NPN
12-03-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to say that I think things have only gotten better from the days when I first came on the board to find this insider blah, blah that I had no connection to: tag name Friday, or stupid connect some other day.

Unless you knew that crowd ( who ultimately almost lost the rest of us this great inside line to what's most important to me; a leg up line on all things Whiteface ), I can't get bent.

I come here for information. If it turns out that I get an inside chuckle from a known friend then there's the bonus, but I'll never bail on that for a chat board.

tjf67
12-04-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to say that I think things have only gotten better from the days when I first came on the board to find this insider blah, blah that I had no connection to: tag name Friday, or stupid connect some other day.

Unless you knew that crowd ( who ultimately almost lost the rest of us this great inside line to what's most important to me; a leg up line on all things Whiteface ), I can't get bent.

I come here for information. If it turns out that I get an inside chuckle from a known friend then there's the bonus, but I'll never bail on that for a chat board.

this board was a lot more fun before the crude people got banned. They had a lot of good information about the hill as well as the issues surrounding it.

It is what it is but I would like the other people that were on the board back on

highpeaksdrifter
12-04-2008, 09:58 AM

this board was a lot more fun before the crude people got banned. They had a lot of good information about the hill as well as the issues surrounding it.

It is what it is but I would like the other people that were on the board back on

Me too.

ComeBackMudPuddles
12-04-2008, 02:03 PM

Me too.

careful.......YOU might get banned!

campgottagopee
12-04-2008, 03:27 PM

Me too.

Me three----those peeps were funny

oldskibum
12-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Be careful what you wish for!!

NPN
12-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Okay, well I'm clearly sportin' the minority opinion on this one, so, HPD, seeing as you're the Grand Pubah, why don't you just get them reinstated?

Hell, it's a brave new World. We're just about rid of GDubya, and his merry band of chaos. So, in that gloriously optomistic sunrise of change, why don't you see if the proverbial hatchet can be buried, and bring them all back on Board ( pun intended ).

Harvey44
12-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Looks like I missed all the fun. What happened?

highpeaksdrifter
12-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Okay, well I'm clearly sportin' the minority opinion on this one, so, HPD, seeing as you're the Grand Pubah, why don't you just get them reinstated?

Hell, it's a brave new World. We're just about rid of GDubya, and his merry band of chaos. So, in that gloriously optomistic sunrise of change, why don't you see if the proverbial hatchet can be buried, and bring them all back on Board ( pun intended ).

Ya see I’m not the grand pubah. Think of me more like the care taker for the guy from NYC who owns an estate on Lake Placid.

highpeaksdrifter
12-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Looks like I missed all the fun. What happened?

Things got out of hand with some members and Greg over some editing issues. It sounds stupid now, but I believe it all started over whether some things should be posted under Misc. or Skiing. Things progressed from there over a period of time and it got ugly.

The really unfortunate thing is that those who got banned are very knowledgeable about Whiteface and always added the kind of on/off mountain info people are looking for.

Those who got banned are friends of mine, TJF and others and are very good people who are fun to ski and hang out with. I’ve met and skied with Greg several times and he is a good guy too.

Some might be surprised to know who checks this web site and are interested in the type of content here. Also, we have a direct link from the Whiteface website. Many people interested in vacationing in the WF/LP and Gore areas check here for info. For these reasons we need to keep this site family friendly and represent ORDA well.

That’s the long and the short of it Harv, its regrettable it’s like it is. I hope that someday it can change.

campgottagopee
12-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Ya think "they" ever stop in here too see what's up???

highpeaksdrifter
12-05-2008, 10:16 AM

Not only do they check, they email me info and pics they know will be on interest. I post them since they can not.

NPN
12-05-2008, 07:18 PM

Ya see I’m not the grand pubah. Think of me more like the care taker for the guy from NYC who owns an estate on Lake Placid.

Well, you're still the local Grand Pubah IMHO, but thanks for that chuckle, and all of the thankless work that keeps this thing up, and running.

I, for one, am EXTREMELY grateful for all you do on that front, and never take it for granted having almost lost this precious resource once.

Harvey44
12-05-2008, 08:00 PM
. I, for one, am EXTREMELY grateful for all you do on that front, and never take it for granted having almost lost this precious resource once.

Me too. Me three.

Face4Me
12-05-2008, 08:26 PM
I, for one, am EXTREMELY grateful for all you do on that front, and never take it for granted having almost lost this precious resource once.
Here ... here ...

campgottagopee
12-06-2008, 10:55 AM

Not only do they check, they email me info and pics they know will be on interest. I post them since they can not.

They should just post under an alias

highpeaksdrifter
12-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys, but you're giving me more credit then I deserve. Without Greg there would be no SKIADK, it's as simple as that.