PDA

View Full Version : fri 5 12

jimmer
12-05-2008, 05:19 PM
skiing was good today,had the demo day,seems they dont ever bring enough skis though,got a pair early,then after that it was slim pickens,sun was out early then clouds and snow showers.cant understand why there not blasting the hell out of the place,they had a few guns going here and there but imo not nearly enough.oh well it is gore after all.so for the weekend look for more of the same as last weekend.have fun and get out there.

jimmer
12-05-2008, 05:22 PM
i stand corrected,there will be a few more trails.so sorry

Spongeworthy
12-05-2008, 06:11 PM
cant understand why there not blasting the hell out of the placeThe State has reduced EVERYONE"S budget. If they run out of money to buy diesel to run their guns, they won't be blowing snow at all :cry:

jimmer
12-05-2008, 06:34 PM
[quote=jimmer]cant understand why there not blasting the hell out of the placeThe State has reduced EVERYONE"S budget. If they run out of money to buy diesel to run their guns, they won't be blowing snow at all :cry:[/quotyou must work there sounds like something an employee would say

Spongeworthy
12-05-2008, 06:47 PM
I work for the State in Albany. That's the story for every State agency. Gov. Patterson asked agencies to reduce their budgets. When they didn't go as far as he requested, he did it for them.

I went through this in the late 80's under Cuomo. We literally ran out of paper towels and toilet paper several times :shock:

I don't work for Gore or ORDA. I just have a cabin in North Creek and love skiing at Gore.

nyspnypd
12-05-2008, 06:50 PM
[quote=jimmer]cant understand why there not blasting the hell out of the placeThe State has reduced EVERYONE"S budget. If they run out of money to buy diesel to run their guns, they won't be blowing snow at all :cry:[/quotyou must work there sounds like something an employee would say

Not sure about gore but whiteface was blasting on about 8-10 different trails. Glad to hear the Demo day went well :D

jimmer
12-05-2008, 08:31 PM
i dont know what there budget is -but its typical gore,a half ass attempt to get the season rolling,got 2 spend a little to get people to come,but just my opinion.and i allso love skiing at gore,BUT

St. Jerry
12-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Trail count this year is no better or worse than previous years.

jimmer
12-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Trail count this year is no better or worse than previous years.this may be true,but those years we did not have allmost 4 weeks of great snow making conditions,the past few weeks other than a few days were prime conditions,yet they still blow i trail at a time.you may settle for the sameo sameo ,i would love to see them kick it up a notch.but on a good note they expecting the summit for next weekend,guess well have to see.
the skiing was good today(sat)