PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning America Show

highpeaksdrifter
12-06-2008, 05:42 PM
There crew was filming in LP today and will be at WF tomorrow. I heard they will be going up the Lookout chair. I quess they'll be doing a segment on WF/LP. Pretty cool.

nyspnypd
12-06-2008, 07:38 PM
That neat I will be up there tomorrow so I will keep and eye out. If anyone could find out when they would be airing it on tv that would be great. :D

Face4Me
12-06-2008, 09:28 PM
That neat I will be up there tomorrow so I will keep and eye out. If anyone could find out when they would be airing it on tv that would be great. :D
Here's an article from the Press Republican on Friday ...

'Good Morning America' to film in Placid

LAKE PLACID — A TV crew from ABC's "Good Morning America" will be in Lake Placid Saturday to film the flurry of holiday activities there and in the surrounding communities.

The ABC crew will cover the Lake Placid Holiday Village Stroll and tree lighting, Main Street carolers, the Whiteface Mountain Ski Center in Wilmington and the hundreds of thousand of colorful lights that twinkle along the shores of Mirror Lake.

At the tree lighting in Mid's Park, Mayor Jamie Rogers will flip the switch to light a 25-foot balsam fir Christmas tree adorned with thousands of lights. Church bells will chime throughout the village at 5:30 p.m. to mark this special occasion, while the Lake Placid School Choir presents a medley of holiday carols.

The feature is scheduled to air on "Good Morning America" from 8 to 9 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 14.

For more information on all events this weekend, log onto www.LakePlacid.com/Holidays.

nyspnypd
12-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Here's an article from the Press Republican on Friday ...

'Good Morning America' to film in Placid

LAKE PLACID — A TV crew from ABC's "Good Morning America" will be in Lake Placid Saturday to film the flurry of holiday activities there and in the surrounding communities.

The ABC crew will cover the Lake Placid Holiday Village Stroll and tree lighting, Main Street carolers, the Whiteface Mountain Ski Center in Wilmington and the hundreds of thousand of colorful lights that twinkle along the shores of Mirror Lake.

At the tree lighting in Mid's Park, Mayor Jamie Rogers will flip the switch to light a 25-foot balsam fir Christmas tree adorned with thousands of lights. Church bells will chime throughout the village at 5:30 p.m. to mark this special occasion, while the Lake Placid School Choir presents a medley of holiday carols.

The feature is scheduled to air on "Good Morning America" from 8 to 9 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 14.

For more information on all events this weekend, log onto www.LakePlacid.com/Holidays.

Thank you for the info that is great!!

highpeaksdrifter
12-07-2008, 06:07 PM
The Good Morning America crew didn't make it to the mountain today. I'm told they may tomorrow.

nyspnypd
12-07-2008, 08:52 PM
The Good Morning America crew didn't make it to the mountain today. I'm told they may tomorrow.

I heard it was because it was snowing to much but that was just what I heard on the gondola. :)

nyspnypd
12-08-2008, 04:23 PM
anyone know if they had made it today webcam looked like it was sunny out.

highpeaksdrifter
12-08-2008, 07:56 PM

They did not.

nyspnypd
12-08-2008, 08:46 PM

They did not.

My next question is are they even going to go?

tjf67
12-11-2008, 11:30 AM
So whatever happened? I live in LP never heard a thing about it around town.
Whats with that?

Face4Me
12-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Whats with that?
Here's a link to the segment ... it's more of a "tourism commercial" than anything else, but at least it was on-air and will hopefully help the area out!

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=6458520

NPN
12-23-2008, 08:19 PM
Whats with that?
Here's a link to the segment ... it's more of a "tourism commercial" than anything else, but at least it was on-air and will hopefully help the area out!

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=6458520

Thanks for that.

Although, I'm still scratching my head about why the marketing director of the Mirror Lake Inn is doing the lead along with a blurb from an old pr guy I thought was way outta the loop.

Son of Drifter
12-23-2008, 09:49 PM
speaking of media...how did the ap like their tour?

Harvey44
12-23-2008, 11:43 PM
...and what will the FTO writer say?

highpeaksdrifter
12-24-2008, 08:35 AM

It was great. Wish I could do something like that every weekend.

tjf67
12-24-2008, 09:24 AM

It was great. Wish I could do something like that every weekend.

BTW Worst marketing for something that big I have ever seen.

ssface
12-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Thx for the link to the LP Commercial Drifter...
Interesting that the shot of the brook and bridge is Bog River Falls at the head of Big Tupper Lake....one of my favorites.

Son of Drifter
12-24-2008, 04:59 PM
What are u saying you'd rather give guided tours than suck exhaust in the lot?

Son of Drifter
12-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Why didn't you like the marketing?