PDA

View Full Version : monday

jimmer
12-08-2008, 05:26 PM
skiing was good 2day,nobody there,pretty cold,all was groomed,pretty cold,not much snowmaking going on,pretty cold,trails werte empty,pretty cold.all in all other than it being pretty cold it was a fun day. not sure what the next couple of days will bring,but its not looking very good.

JC7727
12-08-2008, 09:58 PM
they should be blasting the mountain, snow making weather dosent get better than this :(

jimmer
12-08-2008, 10:24 PM
they should be blasting the mountain, snow making weather dosent get better than this :(mayb a dozen guns on lower showcase today, give or take a few,heard the new tower guns on hawkeye were not working too good,freezing up,they did blow some up there though.

Harvey44
12-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Jim...how many days you got so far? Way to get it.

Hard to believe that those guns would freeze up. What is with that?

jimmer
12-09-2008, 07:32 AM
Jim...how many days you got so far? Way to get it.

Hard to believe that those guns would freeze up. What is with that?not that many YET,just got done with work,so thell be adding up more guickly now ,on my way up rite now,its snowing rite now.it was cold up there,but your rite they shouldnt freeze up,and like i said i heard it through the grape vine,so im not really sure,have a good day mark.

Harvey44
12-09-2008, 07:43 AM
on my way up rite now

Smart Boy.

Danzilla
12-09-2008, 04:35 PM
I noticed a few nozzles on the tower guns on showcase and lower sleighride were frozen this weekend. Maybe from them shutting down and starting back up or just the sheer cold? Not all the nozzles were frozen - just a few here and there.

Had a great trip this weekend. I think we arrived both days as Harv was leaving:) It was a nice lazy weekend. Getting the routine down with our 6 month old daughter was a bit challenging. Got about 3 hours in each day which was enough since I am not so skinny and it was my first time out this year. I thought the conditions were really nice for this time of year. Nothing too exciting, but there was enough to not have to do the same run over and over again. I really like lower sleighride without the terrain park there. The wife landed hard a couple times on Saturday and didn't make it out on Sunday.

I snowboarded both days. Hoping to ski at least one day this weekend. I am one of the wierdos that likes to do both (keep your comments to yourselves).

Checked out Bar Vino on Saturday night and we were very impressed. It was hard to believe that we were in North Creek. The place is very nicely done inside with a good sized bar, lots of tables and a 3 sided gas fireplace. Delicious apps and a good selection of draft beer and wines. We thought it was pretty reasonable too. Most surprising is the fact that it was packed. I was very surprised to see that many people out for an early season weekend. Bumped into a few locals there as well which was nice to see. Gotta have the local support to stay in biz. Lots of stuff going on in town. According to an unofficial source, the people that bought the Copperfield are going to double the size of Trappers, a new person is operating Smiths (this is true), the old Wally's Steak and Seafood is in the process of being expanded and will have a big bar (no opening date set yet), and Casey's is supposed to reopen in the next month or so.

What a difference a year makes!

D

Spongeworthy
12-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Checked out Bar Vino on Saturday night and we were very impressed. It was hard to believe that we were in North Creek. The place is very nicely done inside with a good sized bar, lots of tables and a 3 sided gas fireplace. Delicious apps and a good selection of draft beer and wines. We thought it was pretty reasonable too. Most surprising is the fact that it was packed. I was very surprised to see that many people out for an early season weekend. Bumped into a few locals there as well which was nice to see. Gotta have the local support to stay in biz. Bar Vino is quite the success story, much to my pleasant surprise. I haven't been in there on a week night yet (except the night before Thanksgiving, when it was packed, but that doesn't count). Otherwise, they've doing great business since they opened (just be careful with the Dogfish IPA 90-minute and the Ommegang Abbey, they're stronger than you might think).

Harvey44
12-09-2008, 06:24 PM
I noticed a few nozzles on the tower guns on showcase and lower sleighride were frozen this weekend. Maybe from them shutting down and starting back up or just the sheer cold? Not all the nozzles were frozen - just a few here and there.

Had a great trip this weekend. I think we arrived both days as Harv was leaving:) It was a nice lazy weekend. Getting the routine down with our 6 month old daughter was a bit challenging. Got about 3 hours in each day which was enough since I am not so skinny and it was my first time out this year. I thought the conditions were really nice for this time of year. Nothing too exciting, but there was enough to not have to do the same run over and over again. I really like lower sleighride without the terrain park there. The wife landed hard a couple times on Saturday and didn't make it out on Sunday.

I snowboarded both days. Hoping to ski at least one day this weekend. I am one of the wierdos that likes to do both (keep your comments to yourselves).

Checked out Bar Vino on Saturday night and we were very impressed. It was hard to believe that we were in North Creek. The place is very nicely done inside with a good sized bar, lots of tables and a 3 sided gas fireplace. Delicious apps and a good selection of draft beer and wines. We thought it was pretty reasonable too. Most surprising is the fact that it was packed. I was very surprised to see that many people out for an early season weekend. Bumped into a few locals there as well which was nice to see. Gotta have the local support to stay in biz. Lots of stuff going on in town. According to an unofficial source, the people that bought the Copperfield are going to double the size of Trappers, a new person is operating Smiths (this is true), the old Wally's Steak and Seafood is in the process of being expanded and will have a big bar (no opening date set yet), and Casey's is supposed to reopen in the next month or so.

What a difference a year makes!

D

Dano...nice report. Lots of good info. Maybe take a pic and post your own TR. :D

We looked in BarVino one night. We were with Neve...our 2.5 y.o. daughter and thought she might be too young for it. Unlike the 6 mo old that goes anywhere. Do you use the Bear Cub Den? It one of the only mountains that will take a kid that young. They are great in there, and it's a good deal if you ski alot and buy a seasons pass.

Danzilla
12-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Hey Harv,
We did sign up our daughter for the season pass to daycare. The price is very reasonable and they are one of the few mountains that will take a 6 month old. The rate up at Whiteface is $950 and they have to be 1. I doubt we'll have her in there for more than a few hours at a time since my wife doesn't go bell to bell. You may see me out on rt28 hitching a ride first thing in the morning:)

Harvey44
12-11-2008, 09:35 PM
My girl is 2.5. You are living exactly what I was 2 years ago.

It's SUCH a great deal.

And my wife loved it because she could ski right up past the sunway chair and look in without being seen by your kid. CB actually skied MORE because of the great daycare.

They take em down to 6 months old.

2 years ago, my daughter's 6-month birthday was OPENING DAY.

That's good ski juju i'd say.

Watching her play...I can easily imagine her hucking boulders on the dark side.