PDA

View Full Version : Whiteface Weather

highpeaksdrifter
12-10-2008, 03:54 PM
SNOW IS EXPECTED TO REDEVELOP THURSDAY AFTERNOON. THE SNOW MAY BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES THURSDAY NIGHT... BEFORE TAPERING TO SNOW SHOWERS ON FRIDAY. SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 INCHES OR MORE ARE POSSIBLE THURSDAY AFTERNOON INTO FRIDAY.

Plus

The website says they start making snow on the summit tomorrow. Things are starting to look up for the weekend. :D

http://www.emofaces.com/en/smilies/i/in-the-snow-smile.gif

Face4Me
12-10-2008, 05:18 PM
SNOW IS EXPECTED TO REDEVELOP THURSDAY AFTERNOON. THE SNOW MAY BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES THURSDAY NIGHT... BEFORE TAPERING TO SNOW SHOWERS ON FRIDAY. SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 INCHES OR MORE ARE POSSIBLE THURSDAY AFTERNOON INTO FRIDAY.

Plus

The website says they start making snow on the summit tomorrow. Things are starting to look up for the weekend. :D

Awesome!!! I'm heading up Friday night for my first time out this season ... can't wait to get out there!!!

highpeaksdrifter
12-10-2008, 05:25 PM

Plus

Awesome!!! I'm heading up Friday night for my first time out this season ... can't wait to get out there!!!

Wait till you lock into your bindings with your new Nordica Enfocers. You're in for a treat buddy. http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/moods/joy.gif

Face4Me
12-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Wait till you lock into your bindings with your new Nordica Enfocers. You're in for a treat buddy.
Yeah ... well ... about that ... uhh ... unfortunately, the boots are down here and the skis are up there ... so for Saturday anyway, I'll be in the old setup ... hoping to get them reset Saturday night so that I can try 'em out on Sunday ... if not, there's always next weekend!!!

I'll be looking out for you this weekend ... have a good one!

NPN
12-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Wait till you lock into your bindings with your new Nordica Enfocers. You're in for a treat buddy.
Yeah ... well ... about that ... uhh ... unfortunately, the boots are down here and the skis are up there ... so for Saturday anyway, I'll be in the old setup ... hoping to get them reset Saturday night so that I can try 'em out on Sunday ... if not, there's always next weekend!!!

I'll be looking out for you this weekend ... have a good one!

Don't be too bummed, by the time you get there all the fresh will be groomed out, and, let's FACE it, it's not exactly up to Enforcer levels quite yet, or I'd be bent about not throwing bindings on mine.

NPN
12-10-2008, 08:24 PM

Plus

All the Albany reports put Whiteface in the 12+ shading. Are you seeing different reports local?

Face4Me
12-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Don't be too bummed, by the time you get there all the fresh will be groomed out, and, let's FACE it, it's not exactly up to Enforcer levels quite yet, or I'd be bent about not throwing bindings on mine.
I'm not bummed at all ... let's face it ... the prospect of going out in a new boot is always a little dicey ... I'll be perfectly happy in my nice old comfy Nordica Wave 10's for the first one or two days of the season ... then I'll see about the new torture devices that I've gotten myself into! :lol: I figure it's gonna take at least 2 or 3 days out there in the new ones before my feet forgive me!!!

NPN
12-11-2008, 12:43 AM
I'm not bummed at all ... let's face it ... the prospect of going out in a new boot is always a little dicey ... I'll be perfectly happy in my nice old comfy Nordica Wave 10's for the first one or two days of the season ... then I'll see about the new torture devices that I've gotten myself into! :lol: I figure it's gonna take at least 2 or 3 days out there in the new ones before my feet forgive me!!!

Sorry, but that's one of the few problems I have with Nordica, they name they're boot, and ski lines the same.

I was talking about the Enforcer skis.

Good luck anyway.

As a Lange guy, I've gotta' say that those few short days of pack in pain are way worth the long term performance payoff.