PDA

View Full Version : Conditions? Gotta decide by tomorrow...

tobnpr
12-13-2008, 08:59 AM
I posted earlier this week about having to make a decision whether to come up on the 29th...
Waited as long as I can. I noticed most of the mountain isn't open yet; but since we're beginners anyway my only concern is the wolf/bear trails 'cause they're right at our skill level right now- and they're not open. Why? Is there enough snow but just not enough skiers yet for them to open these trails?

Did you guys get the foot of snow you were supposed to get? The long range forecast isn't calling for any significant snow for the next week and a half. Do you think these runs will be open by the end of the month?

I don't suppose there's enough snow on the ground to do some snowmobiling (our other activity when we're there)?

Sorry to keep buggin' you guys. It's just that if things aren't "right" up there yet I'd rather postpone and try again over the MLK school break...

Adirondackskier
12-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Hi tobnpr, good to see you back again.....seriously the weather is great and the snow is falling. I am sure Wold and Wolf Run, etc will be open for Christmas.Your trip is over 2 weeks away and I am sure all will be well. This is a fantastic start to the season with plenty of coverage. I justfinished a couple of early morning runs and the mountain. the snow is sweet.

You should be ok for snowmobiling, there are snowbanks already and we snowblowed our driveway yesterday.

Christmas is always magical here, i would say go for it.

tobnpr
12-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Great to hear! We can't wait... I hope to pass the "worst skier" award to my youngest son this year, LOL.

We want to attend the ski jumping the night we arrive on the 29th. Anyone know if tickets are required and how to get them?

Is the mountain open New Year's Day?

Anything happenin in LP for New Years Eve? We've always been there before or after...

Sorry about all the questions, but inquiring minds need to know!