PDA

View Full Version : New terrain park?

Cliff
12-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Sunday was my first day on the hill this year and I see there's a terrain park just below the Saddle Lodge. Does anybody know if this is to be permanent? I sure hope not, as on a weekend that area is a zoo, usually skied-off or blown-off and a narrower passage will most likely increase collisions.
Maybe they're gonna move the stuff to Lower Sleighride and/or the Ski Bowl?
C

Snowballs
12-15-2008, 12:29 PM
right. it's just an early season location- since that area needs snow coverage for trail continueity to the bottom, so they stick the park there. can't wait for sleighride park.

anybody ski sleeping bear yesterday ? it was challenging. au natural. we skied it without falling or dinging up our skis though. work it!

Adk Keith
12-15-2008, 12:53 PM
right. it's just an early season location- since that area needs snow coverage for trail continueity to the bottom, so they stick the park there. can't wait for sleighride park.

anybody ski sleeping bear yesterday ? it was challenging. au natural. we skied it without falling or dinging up our skis though. work it!

Natural North was all good yesterday. Tahawas as well as Sleeping Bear. Did not make it over to Pete Gay.

Harvey44
12-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Keith...sorry I missed you. Kind of hard to believe we didn't connect.

One thing I like about having the terrain park there. It catches snow like a snowfence instead of blowing off.*

And you can see the jibbers.

So that's two things.

*I think when they move the park they should run a snowfence. Would save a lot of snow.

Snowballs
12-15-2008, 07:23 PM
that might be a real good idea. snow fences can make alotta snow pile up. but how could you locate so it works and is not a hazard?

many younger people may not recall snow fences. when i was young they put them along alotta roads and they made wonderfull snow drifts to play in. i guess now they just plow.

Harvey44
12-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Just imagine a 200 (?) foot long piece of orange web fencing like they use on Twister on raceday. Lollipop both ends. It would be less of an obstacle than the current park.

Snowballs
12-15-2008, 09:25 PM
sounds like a workable idea. contact Em or better yet Mike.

jimmer
12-15-2008, 10:18 PM
fencing a good idea,but should be made of wood,wf has a few on there hill,but remember they dont call that area the wind tunnel for nothing,allways windy there,usually blowing down the trail