PDA

View Full Version : Snowy up there?

toofaraway
12-19-2008, 02:25 PM
It's been snowing like the end of the world down here in NYC for about 5 hours. I sure hope it's headed up to God's country!

Snowballs
12-19-2008, 02:34 PM
it's snowin good here in the lake george region for the last couple hours, 2-3" so far.

let's hope the storm stalls and we get freegin hammered!

Adirondackskier
12-19-2008, 04:35 PM
I am in LP and it is snowing like crazy!!!!!!POWDER day tomorrow!

NPN
12-22-2008, 12:21 AM
It's been snowing like the end of the world down here in NYC for about 5 hours. I sure hope it's headed up to God's country!

Schweeeet; throw on the no-dick cruisers and rip up Central Park, or, if you're feeling really fired-up, do some taxi tow touring.

kerovick
12-22-2008, 08:04 AM
I'm so jealous, maybe it'll happen again in 2 weeks...

twinplanx
12-24-2008, 09:31 AM
Since the latest radar shows a bit of a sketchy mix around Albany, I was thinking the LP area might be worth the extra effort from the LG area.

What is the distance between LG and WF, as compared to Gore? P.S. I'm planning to head up from Long Island on New Years eve, booked into LG for the weekend following(Jan.2-5) just weighing my options at this point :?:

highpeaksdrifter
12-24-2008, 09:48 AM
Since the latest radar shows a bit of a sketchy mix around Albany, I was thinking the LP area might be worth the extra effort from the LG area.

What is the distance between LG and WF, as compared to Gore? P.S. I'm planning to head up from Long Island on New Years eve, booked into LG for the weekend following(Jan.2-5) just weighing my options at this point :?:

The difference is however long it takes you to drive from exit 23 to 30. Once off either exit the time it takes to get to either mountain is about 25 minutes or so. I guess it would take you about 40 minutes more.

tjf67
12-24-2008, 09:52 AM

It is 40 minutes longer to get to Lake Placid VS Gore from the Albany area tops in bad weather. Keep and eye out as it stands Gore has about 12 inches more snow on the ground than we do in lake placid. we have about 20 inches and Gore has 30 inches on the ground

nyspnypd
12-24-2008, 10:42 AM

It is 40 minutes longer to get to Lake Placid VS Gore from the Albany area tops in bad weather. Keep and eye out as it stands Gore has about 12 inches more snow on the ground than we do in lake placid. we have about 20 inches and Gore has 30 inches on the ground

LG is going to be a ghost town but Come on up to WF you will love it.

twinplanx
12-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanx for the speedy responses, if it was up to me it would me a game time decision. But the other half needs a more concrete plan. It is a shame LG is such a ghost town in winter. That being said, the partying is not as important as the skiing.