PDA

View Full Version : The Wilmington Trail

highpeaksdrifter
12-22-2008, 08:43 AM
I heard it will probably be open Wed. or Christmas Day.

NPN
12-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Ahhhh, Santa ( Jay/Bruce ), I'll come up with some tasty milk, and cookies if that's the case.

Talk about a Merry Christmas gift!!!

whipple
12-23-2008, 10:43 PM
They started blowing on the Wilmington trail today :D

CUskibum
12-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Merry Christmas everyone! Just wondering if Lookout was still on schedule to open tomorrow. I'm driving up from Albany early tomorrow morning.

nyspnypd
12-26-2008, 04:36 PM
IF everything is going to schedule then they were going to open it tomorrow Saturday that is what I was told. :D

Son of Drifter
12-26-2008, 07:24 PM
It'll take more than 12 guns to open it by sat. I heard mid jan. Wed screwed the mt and current forecast don't look nice at all

highpeaksdrifter
12-26-2008, 07:47 PM
It'll take more than 12 guns to open it by sat. I heard mid jan. Wed screwed the mt and current forecast don't look nice at all

Yeah, that's a big trail. Had it not been for this warm stretch of weather I'm sure it would have been open by now.

I heard once the weather breaks it won't take too much more and it could be open by New Year's Day or right after.

nyspnypd
12-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Alright here is what I was just told they are currently looking at the wilmington trail to see how much snow there is they want to realy open it tommorow but I don't know.

highpeaksdrifter
12-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Alright here is what I was just told they are currently looking at the wilmington trail to see how much snow there is they want to realy open it tommorow but I don't know.

They where running the lift for awhile today. A couple of lifties where also shoveling snow to make a path up to the lift. However, we got periods of heavy rain today, so I'm skeptical about a Lookout opening tomorrow. I sure hope you’re right though.

nyspnypd
12-27-2008, 05:53 PM

They where running the lift for awhile today. A couple of lifties where also shoveling snow to make a path up to the lift. However, we got periods of heavy rain today, so I'm skeptical about a Lookout opening tomorrow. I sure hope you’re right though.

Yeah it wasnt fun to ski in the weather we had but the snow was good I thought.

Denison
12-31-2008, 10:01 AM
Looking at new trail map I have concerns about crowding of beginners Boreen trail from people coming off of Wilmington trail.

http://forums.skiadk.com/albums/ForPosting/wj.jpg

Park features IMO should be moved from Brookside to Lower Valley.