PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with lookout

nyspnypd
12-31-2008, 07:55 AM
Anyone know if they plan on opening it anytime soon they took all the info about snowmaking on the trail off the site. I know the warm weather must have hurt it but we are having a good rebound :)

highpeaksdrifter
12-31-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm thinkin this weekend. Anybody want to bet a beer? :D

Snowballs
12-31-2008, 05:31 PM
ooooooooooo. if hpd is willing to bet........ then i will take that bet cuz it means that lookout will be open this weekend. yeah!!! 'sides it would be a pleasure to buy the Big Kahuna a beer!

i be there this weekend.

Caronas all around!

kerovick
01-01-2009, 12:03 AM
I'll buy ya a beer just cause of all the great info you give us. Besides I'll actually be there to buy you a beer!

Adirondackskier
01-01-2009, 09:10 AM
I just called the mountain..........

Snowguns are moving to Lookout today. They are hoping to open the Wilmington Trail Saturday afternoon.

highpeaksdrifter
01-01-2009, 07:17 PM
From Kids Campus you could see the guns blasting the bottom of the Wilmington trail. Where it lets out to Boreen you can see that the snow is really building up.

kerovick
01-01-2009, 09:42 PM
I think they should wait to Sunday to open them so I can ski them on opening day!

Adirondackskier
01-02-2009, 11:11 AM
As soon as I hear of a definite opening date I will post it......I know the high winds yesterday slowed the process down a bit.......btw I called the mountain:)

Face4Me
01-02-2009, 01:23 PM
From the web-site home page:

Lookout Mountain countdown: Snowguns were fired up again on Lookout Mountain. We are expecting The Wilmington Trail to open Later next week. We will update you on specific details as they are available.
I heard this morning that there's an electrical problem with the lift ... not sure if that's true, but if sure would be sad! I saw some workers working on it this morning, but I'm not sure if that's related to what I heard.

It's starting to sound like the trail/mountain that will never open!!! :shock:

nyspnypd
01-02-2009, 04:53 PM
From the web-site home page:

Lookout Mountain countdown: Snowguns were fired up again on Lookout Mountain. We are expecting The Wilmington Trail to open Later next week. We will update you on specific details as they are available.
I heard this morning that there's an electrical problem with the lift ... not sure if that's true, but if sure would be sad! I saw some workers working on it this morning, but I'm not sure if that's related to what I heard.

It's starting to sound like the trail/mountain that will never open!!! :shock:

From the bottom the trail looked like it had plenty of snow but the lift at about 4 when I was on my last run there were three guys and they had the lift running didn't seem like there was a problem.

Snowballs
01-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Rats Ass!!! :evil:

oh well, atleast this pod of terrain is gonna be worth the wait.

snowman
01-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Rumor this morning is there is not enough snow at the top. Maybe next week. Strictly rumor, though

nyspnypd
01-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Rumor this morning is there is not enough snow at the top. Maybe next week. Strictly rumor, though

Currently today from the bottom I saw there were two groomer sized wide paths heading to the top of the trail so hopefully they were grooming it to try and open it tommorow but there is enough snow at the bottom part to where they could probably move it to the top if there isn't enough. But I hope it is a rumor. :)