PDA

View Full Version : New Years Day

CUskibum
12-31-2008, 07:16 PM
hey everyone, I just got back into the 518 tonight, and I'm trying to decide if its worth skiing tomorrow (New Years Day). If anyone skied today, let me know how it was.

Happy New Year, and be safe.

Harvey44
12-31-2008, 10:02 PM
CU... I can't make a judgment for you as I don't know your standards.

I'll give you what I got...for Gore, in December, especially considering the carnage of the weekend....today was very good. Obviously the best stuff was were they had made snow since the weekend. Sunway, Chatiemac, Lies. Twister was decent.

That said...it was cold as a basoonuvabitch today and tomorrow they are calling for wind chills well below zero. So you'd need to factor how you feel about that.

I did a bit of a TR on my blog....but didn't post it here. I had no pics to speak of (too cold) and was not sure how interesting it would be.

Check it out if you care to:

http://harvey44.blogspot.com/2008/12/gore-mtn-ny-123108.html

CUskibum
01-01-2009, 02:20 AM
Harvey,

Thanks for your input. I decided to bag tomorrow. I'll be able to get up there a couple times this weekend and next week before I go back to college. I don't like to deal with weekend crowds if I don't have to, but I think they're probably saving parts of the mountain for this weekend, and conditions should be better. Plus temperatures should be a bit higher than the single digits this weekend.

I like to avoid the eastern hard packed crap when I can, but I'm in New York, so I can only do that for so long. lol. Tomorrow will probably be icy, and I can afford to wait for something better.

Thanks again...

Lbtchnlgs
01-01-2009, 08:48 AM
oiu are runk!

(ass)

Harvey44
01-01-2009, 02:52 PM
wait for something better.

Today's Report = Good Call.

EDIT: Would anyone call today "packed powder" and "loose granular?" (I mean anyone besides marketing).

Also...I think we need a translator for Chris.