PDA

View Full Version : ALERT-Definate opening date for wilmington trail!!!

nyspnypd
01-03-2009, 07:49 PM
It is on the podcast they will open it on January,8,2009

so i guess we have to wait a bit longer :)

Face4Me
01-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Anyone willing to bet on it?!!! :lol:

At this point, I'm far more interested in knowing when they're going to get started on Skyward, Upper Northway and Mackenzie? Wilderness was awesome this morning ... it just goes to show how much snow they can put down when they want to!!!

nyspnypd
01-03-2009, 10:32 PM
Anyone willing to bet on it?!!! :lol:

At this point, I'm far more interested in knowing when they're going to get started on Skyward, Upper Northway and Mackenzie? Wilderness was awesome this morning ... it just goes to show how much snow they can put down when they want to!!!

Actually I heard that once lookout gets opened they will be moving to cloudspin and Skyward so I would say next week possibly but cant guarantee anything. :)

Son of Drifter
01-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Are the only things certain in this world.

oldskibum
01-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Do you guys remembver that "old" saying, "You should have been here Thursday??? hahaha

ComeBackMudPuddles
01-04-2009, 01:09 PM
that's the "official" opening date....unofficial opening is wednesday!

highpeaksdrifter
01-04-2009, 06:33 PM
that's the "official" opening date....unofficial opening is wednesday!

I heard that to. I hope there will be pictures posted for those of us who can't be there that day.

01-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Who the hell cares about the Wilmington Trail. They're going to run one lift to service one trail. With the state in the finiancal mess it's in it would have been more fiscally responsable to use those efforts to blow snow on Skyward and Cloud and give more terrain with one lift. Not to mention that the earths ozone is about to go away. Oh well that's Whiteface!!

kerovick
01-04-2009, 08:37 PM
If it opens on Thursday I will be there and will tell you all about it!

Face4Me
01-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Who the hell cares about the Wilmington Trail. They're going to run one lift to service one trail. With the state in the finiancal mess it's in it would have been more fiscally responsable to use those efforts to blow snow on Skyward and Cloud and give more terrain with one lift. Not to mention that the earths ozone is about to go away. Oh well that's Whiteface!!
I kind of have to agree with this, even though I'm looking forward to checking out the new terrain. Perhaps it would be better in the future to wait on Lookout for more natural snow so that it won't be necessary to make snow for what ... 2 or 3 weeks ... to get that trail covered.

highpeaksdrifter
01-05-2009, 08:34 AM

I care, I can't wait to ski it. It's going to be different. When that pod is finished I think it will be the best place to ski at WF, besides the Slides in spring of course.

Getting this trail open is just the beginning, but you have to start somewhere.

tjf67
01-05-2009, 08:39 AM
I want that trail open as well. It has proven elusive so far. Keep at it can't stop now.

Snowballs
01-05-2009, 10:28 AM
count me in. the lookout pod should also recieve more sunshine and escape the mtn. shadow that darkens so much of the rest of the hill.

as to this snowmaking issue, (i know about the budget cuts)- diesel/gas is half the price of last year-electricity cost is down substantaily( national grid is refunding me money cuz my budget plan overpaid cuz the energy costs fell and reducing my monthly payment!) and yet crappie snowmaking?

also, many area ski resorts are reporting a large increase in season pass sales. anyone know what WF's sales were?

i hope they get it in gear at WF/Gore.

snowman
01-05-2009, 12:21 PM
I heard that Christmas/ New Year ticket sales were up from the past. That will help!
Maybe it is too expensive to fly out west.

I am looking forward to the new trails. Some one said this earlier, the Wilmington trail will really help to spread people out on the mountain. The sooner that is open, the better for everyone. IMHO

NPN
01-05-2009, 08:08 PM
In all fairness, I do get WW's stance on this one.

It's a revelation to head up the Summit Quad, and see exactly how much snow is required to cover Skyward.

Then again, I'm so stoked to get some differnt terrain that I'm willing to bail on my favorite trail, and throw in on the NEWNESS.

TrailsEndChazyLake
01-06-2009, 12:48 PM
"Lookout Mountain, is set for its Grand Opening on Thursday, January 8, at 1 PM at the top of the Lookout Mountain triple chairlift.

The official ribbon cutting ceremony features special guests ORDA Chairman Joe Martens, ORDA Board Members Ed Weibrecht and Serge Lussi as well as Wilmington Town Supervisor Randy Preston.

Following the on-mountain activities, a special dedication to the Whiteface Region Visitors Bureau members will be made at 2 PM in the Lookout Café, located within the main base lodge. Complimentary hot chocolate will be served."

NPN
01-06-2009, 09:05 PM
"Lookout Mountain, is set for its Grand Opening on Thursday, January 8, at 1 PM at the top of the Lookout Mountain triple chairlift.

The official ribbon cutting ceremony features special guests ORDA Chairman Joe Martens, ORDA Board Members Ed Weibrecht and Serge Lussi as well as Wilmington Town Supervisor Randy Preston.

Following the on-mountain activities, a special dedication to the Whiteface Region Visitors Bureau members will be made at 2 PM in the Lookout Café, located within the main base lodge. Complimentary hot chocolate will be served."

Hopefully, somebody will be packin' a video cam for us workin' stiffs who are more than a little bent that they didn't wait for a weekend opening.