PDA

View Full Version : trail of the day

Son of Drifter
01-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Parons had the best snow. Lower cloud was nice as well. Much better than yesterday.

01-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Lower Wilderness was fantastic. The bumps when not littered with bodies trying to ski moguls was good in the morning but skiers left was even better when they shut the guns down. The guns that they shut off but left in the middle for people to hit and run over kept most of the people away. My question is why the hell didn't they drag the guns back 40' so they weren't a hazard???????????? Oh well that's Whiteface.

kerovick
01-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Lower wilderness was fun, nice soft bumps! My first bumps of the year. I even have some pics when I get back home. I agree Paron's had the best snow. Essex was to be avoided at all costs, it was nothing but ICE!!!!

I got interview for the Lake placid paper on the last gondola ride of the day. It'll be out Wednesday.

NPN
01-04-2009, 09:09 PM
[quote="kerovick"]Essex was to be avoided at all costs, it was nothing but ICE!!!!
quote]

I'd agree with you later in the day, but Essex was the start of my first run, and my best fun of the day ( other than the views off the Summit ( after twelve years of putting in sixty plus days a season at Whiteface, I just never get sick of that vista on a bluebird day )).

tjf67
01-05-2009, 08:36 AM
That hill chages through out the day. All weekend long the trails were in great shape, except the suspect spots. Customers kept asking if it were greens they were on. I was like YUP be careful whiteface makes you better.

On a side note I blew both toe clips off my bindings. I was coming down the last stretch to the Gondi. Went through a gun and hit the wet snow on the other side. Went over the handle bars. I noticed after i ended up on my back sliding down two black things went sliding by. It was my bindings. Day done!! Lets see how cunninghams handles the warrenty work. I dont know that it will be covered but I think it should be.

NPN
01-05-2009, 08:32 PM
That hill chages through out the day. All weekend long the trails were in great shape, except the suspect spots. Customers kept asking if it were greens they were on. I was like YUP be careful whiteface makes you better.

On a side note I blew both toe clips off my bindings. I was coming down the last stretch to the Gondi. Went through a gun and hit the wet snow on the other side. Went over the handle bars. I noticed after i ended up on my back sliding down two black things went sliding by. It was my bindings. Day done!! Lets see how cunninghams handles the warrenty work. I dont know that it will be covered but I think it should be.

I hate to bone the mtn, because I couldn't be more of a supporter, but could some one please tell me why things like this happen?

I took my first gondi last Sunday with a guy who looked like a human popsickle.

No doubt that this is a variable scenario, and the snowmakers ( who I hold in the highest respect ( nice shovel ride skills BTW )) are doing their best, but why do I ski through perfect gun lines, and then hit a total sludge storm that creates a velcro effect?

Son of Drifter
01-07-2009, 12:50 PM

That explains why you left so early. Bummer dude.