PDA

View Full Version : Go Friday or take my chances this weekend

AdironRider
02-15-2006, 04:48 PM
Im thinking of heading up and bearing the elements Friday rather than the ice and cold of the weekend. Not to mention the crowds that will be there this weekend. Anyone else doing the same? THink the weekend will really be that bad?

freeheelwilly
02-15-2006, 05:14 PM
honestly, I'm thinkin' the weekend could be brutal - and I'm not talkin' the temps - I'm talkin' about what those temps will do the water logged snow surfaces. But I could be wrong. First, the r#$@ may not be that heavy. Second, the r#$@ may turn over to snow in time for it to restore the surfaces a bit. and third, the cold will allow snowmaking to resume and the surfaces will get progressively better. Sunday could be a decent day - just dress warm. Whether it's good or bad - it won't be any different in vermont so there's no escaping it. It is what it is.

mattchuck2
02-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking it'll turn to snow around noon . . with 2-3" falling. Should be enough to groom down and make Saturday skiable. That's a pure guess, though.

takeahike46er
02-15-2006, 10:46 PM
Wait for the weekend. Friday is going to be extremely windy as the temps begin to drop.

Tsavolion
02-16-2006, 10:54 AM
I was planning on skiing tomorrow - i am blocked out the next two weekends. i dont think the rain is supposed to be too heavy, and it all depends on when temps drop. I am keeping the faith and plan to ski tomorrow and would ski this weekend if i could.

freeheelwilly
02-16-2006, 11:01 AM
I was planning on skiing tomorrow - i am blocked out the next two weekends. i dont think the rain is supposed to be too heavy, and it all depends on when temps drop. I am keeping the faith and plan to ski tomorrow and would ski this weekend if i could.

You're still gonna go tomorrow? I read this (http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapClick.php?site=BTV&llon=-74.432083&rlon=-73.369583&tlat=44.635417&blat=43.575417&smap=1&mp=0&map.x=144&map.y=60) and was thinking of bagging. but it's snowing now (and it wasn't supposed to be). Talk me into it!

AdironRider
02-16-2006, 12:22 PM
If its blowing 50 mph there isnt a chance in hell Whiteface holds any of the snow theyll get tomorrow. The face is windblown in about 2 seconds when its blowing 15 let alone 50. Bummer, have to see how it looks right before I leave tomorrow.