PDA

View Full Version : Lodging

tommy5402
01-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi, all

Looking to put a trip together for whiteface later this year. Interested in any thoughts for some budget lodging in the area. Two I was looking into were Birch Tree Lodge or, Mountain Brook Lodge. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

nyspnypd
01-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Hi, all

Looking to put a trip together for whiteface later this year. Interested in any thoughts for some budget lodging in the area. Two I was looking into were Birch Tree Lodge or, Mountain Brook Lodge. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I would say between those two you would want Mt. Brook.

NPN
01-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Hi, all

Looking to put a trip together for whiteface later this year. Interested in any thoughts for some budget lodging in the area.

Thanks!

What, exactly, are your needs ( number of people/ammenitees desired/location requirements, etc. )?

tommy5402
01-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Hi, all

Looking to put a trip together for whiteface later this year. Interested in any thoughts for some budget lodging in the area.

Thanks!

What, exactly, are your needs ( number of people/ammenitees desired/location requirements, etc. )?

Just a couple. No real needs other than clean and a fridge. Think super 8.

Denison
01-06-2009, 10:04 AM
I did not stay at 2 mentioned motels.

In Wilmington I highly recommend North Pole http://www.northpoleresorts.com/lodging_motor_inn.asp

nyspnypd
01-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Hi, all

Thanks!

Then in that case I would still recommend Mt. Brook stayed at north pole people who owned it were not very friendly plus I dont remember getting a continental breakfast.

tjf67
01-06-2009, 11:09 AM
You should look into the pines in Lake Placid. Tons more to do and the price is probably the same. The place has been redone and the people who own it are some of the nicest people i have come across.

DUST BLASTER
01-06-2009, 02:35 PM
On the cheap I have stayed at Cobble Mtn Lodge in LP or the Pines in LP( owners are real nice people).

nyspnypd
01-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Usually any hotel in LP is more than a hotel in Wilmington.

tjf67
01-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Usually any hotel in LP is more than a hotel in Wilmington.

Really? you should check around :wink:

NPN
01-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Hi, all

Thanks!

If you don't care about being in the Placid mix, I suggest the following: Wilmington is a great "close to the mountain" alternative. You can go all retro, and hit Steinhoff's ( great asthetic, way cheap/bar, and restaurant ( and liquor store ) on site, but the walls are a bit thin ), down the hill ( about ten minutes ) is Brookside which has a ton of room/suites w/kitchens, and choices of sleeping between 5-10, lastly you might want to check the Holiday ( but I recently heard that they changed hands ), so I can't vouch for the amazing deal they used to be ( hot tub/restaurant/bar/mountain views ).

Anyway, that's what I've got ( other than the Jack Rabbit Hostel if you want to go all backpacker ).

Good luck, and enjoy our tasty High Peaks!

nyspnypd
01-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Hi, all

Thanks!

If you don't care about being in the Placid mix, I suggest the following: Wilmington is a great "close to the mountain" alternative. You can go all retro, and hit Steinhoff's ( great asthetic, way cheap/bar, and restaurant ( and liquor store ) on site, but the walls are a bit thin ), down the hill ( about ten minutes ) is Brookside which has a ton of room/suites w/kitchens, and choices of sleeping between 5-10, lastly you might want to check the Holiday ( but I recently heard that they changed hands ), so I can't vouch for the amazing deal they used to be ( hot tub/restaurant/bar/mountain views ).

Anyway, that's what I've got ( other than the Jack Rabbit Hostel if you want to go all backpacker ).

Holiday no longer has a restaurant and bar just rooms now he wants to redo all the rooms plus take some out and sell some office space.

Good luck, and enjoy our tasty High Peaks!

jean marie
01-08-2009, 07:16 AM
If you are looking for something better than a motel...we have the cabins for your

20 mins from whiteface
$135 per nite or let's make a deal
queen bed
jacuizzi
wood stove
everything you need plus privacy

highpeaksdrifter
01-08-2009, 07:34 AM
If you are looking for something better than a motel...we have the cabins for your

20 mins from whiteface
$135 per nite or let's make a deal
queen bed
jacuizzi
wood stove
everything you need plus privacy

Jean Marie,
Welcome to the board. What's the name of your place and where is it located?

jean marie
01-08-2009, 09:52 AM
we're in the Acres in Jay...when are you looking to visit? these are great log cabins...

Denison
01-08-2009, 11:22 AM
I stayed in Ausable Acres last winter for the first time and liked the area. Might rent this year as well.

Jean Marie, is your property on ADKbyOwner ?

jean marie
01-08-2009, 12:36 PM
yes we are 5110 ...please contact me at cripplecrkcabins@aol.com for more info

Thanks....hey, Lookout Mountain has just opened for the day !!!! the grand opening and ribbon cutting is tomorrow at 11:00

NPN
01-08-2009, 11:12 PM
JM-

Nice to see you chime in ( of course, I'd never say, "What took you soooooooo long" ).

Still owe you a tasty malt bev from our early season dramas, but that's another story.