PDA

View Full Version : What's Next?

Face4Me
01-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Has anyone heard anything about when they're going to start making snow on Skyward? Long term forecasts are calling for about 2-3 more weeks of sustained cold weather in the NorthEast, but after that, things are supposed to warm up a bit. I sure hope they'll get things in shape during this cold period.

kerovick
01-06-2009, 08:47 PM
A ski patrol I was talking with today said that have already moved guns in preperation for snowmaking.

Face4Me
01-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Anyone have any update on this? Have they started making snow on Skyward? Are they going to, or are they now going to be focused on the Skier X for the next 10 days?

I was planning to bring some co-workers who have never skied Whiteface up for a mid-week trip the week of the 26th, but if Skyward isn't going to be open, I'll probably postpone it or cancel.

Any info would be appreciated!

jean marie
01-08-2009, 12:42 PM
making snow up there as we speak

Face4Me
01-08-2009, 01:41 PM
making snow up there as we speak
Awesome!!! Thanks for the info!

oldskibum
01-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Anyone have any update on this? Have they started making snow on Skyward? Are they going to, or are they now going to be focused on the Skier X for the next 10 days?

I was planning to bring some co-workers who have never skied Whiteface up for a mid-week trip the week of the 26th, but if Skyward isn't going to be open, I'll probably postpone it or cancel.

Any info would be appreciated! Fired the guns up yesterday A.M.! After sky and niagara are done they have a couple of large rocks to blast on lookout below, then start shooting there. Should be pretty well set after that, weather permitting.

Face4Me
01-08-2009, 09:07 PM

Any info would be appreciated! Fired the guns up yesterday A.M.! After sky and niagara are done they have a couple of large rocks to blast on lookout below, then start shooting there. Should be pretty well set after that, weather permitting.
Thanks to you as well for the update!

Denison
01-08-2009, 11:34 PM
mmm... , Skyward ... soon

NPN
01-09-2009, 09:04 PM
You know, as much as I'd luv to have Skyward today, it was a total eye opener to ride up the Summit Quad, and see just how much nasty has to be covered before we can get on that trail.

It looks like a war zone.

Snowballs
01-09-2009, 09:31 PM
You know, as much as I'd luv to have Skyward today, it was a total eye opener to ride up the Summit Quad, and see just how much nasty has to be covered before we can get on that trail.

yep. hoyt's high prolly same way. Gore's new trail, Sagamore, got boo coo bs on it that you could see from the lift when the top melted. lots of " shot rock ", big blasted granite chunks, all jagged and razor sharp. there's been more than one core shot on that trail already. can't believe they left it laying around. be advised.

NPN
01-11-2009, 10:38 PM

yep. hoyt's high prolly same way. Gore's new trail, Sagamore, got boo coo bs on it that you could see from the lift when the top melted. lots of " shot rock ", big blasted granite chunks, all jagged and razor sharp. there's been more than one core shot on that trail already. can't believe they left it laying around. be advised.

Actually, my comments were not a shot at Whiteface.

It's just amazing to me when you finally see the obstacles that they, or any mountain, have to overcome to provide what we, or at least I, have come to expect as ski/ride-able conditions.

Snowballs
01-12-2009, 08:24 AM
^^^ i know.