View Full Version : Now that's harsh!

NPN
01-06-2009, 09:13 PM
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0106091vail1.html

Compliments of our sister station.

Talk about embarrassing.

Face4Me
01-06-2009, 09:30 PM
I was just about to post this ... oh man ... that is hysterical (since it didn't happen to me of course!!!)

I'm guessing that guy's gonna get a pretty nice payday from Vail!

NPN
01-06-2009, 09:54 PM
On the glass half full side, at least all the press shots were das posterior.

Dude was spared the obvious embarrassing full frontal shrinkage that had to accompany Winter temps.

Snowballs
01-06-2009, 10:17 PM
LOL !!! ^^^

that "cracked " me up!!!

i suppose those photos will be hangin around for awhile.

01-07-2009, 11:20 AM
I thought all those quads ran in reverse. Wonder what took them so long? I guess there is a time when ass hair does come in handy.

highpeaksdrifter
01-07-2009, 01:59 PM
This is all over the internet. Poor SOB.

DUST BLASTER
01-07-2009, 06:32 PM
It was also on the today show this morning. I think he will get a comp package from Vail. Can't understand how that could happen.

Snowballs
01-07-2009, 06:40 PM
It was also on the today show this morning. I think he will get a comp package from Vail. Can't understand how that could happen.

i read that it was windy and as the chair came around the wind blew the seat up. his wife and daughter were also reportedly on the same chair - except they fell through !

highpeaksdrifter
01-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Copied from Epic:

the pic with endless punchlines, but really WTF? We went to the trouble of checking our inbox and here’s what the photographer Marty Odom had to say:

“Hello, my name is Marty Odom and I live in Vail, Colorado. I am/was a photographer on the mountain for Sharpshooter imaging. On my day off I pulled up to the lift line to see a naked man hanging from the chair lift. I happen to have my own camera with me and I shot a few pics. It was Jan. 1st and I shot the best photo that I’m going to shoot all year. I then sent it in to the Vail Daily, where it got printed the next day. Today I go into work to find out that I’m “suspended until further notice”, because the man is now suing Vail mountain and my photo makes their lift operations seem bad. The liftie forgot to put the seat down on the chair and somehow the man got stuck in the position that he was in. The chair wasn’t even stopped by the liftie, someone in the lift line had to punch the button. And even though I never mentioned the company I worked for, Vail Resorts pulled my pass and it looks like I’m going to lose my job over a photo. But the photo is worth it.
“The reason for all my ranting is that I hope you guys might enjoy this photo a whole lot. And if there is any kind of contest for “super gaper” or something that maybe I could submit it. And I thought u guys might enjoy the story behind it, the fact that it was enough to lose my job over.”
What a way to start the new year.

Face4Me
01-14-2009, 07:36 PM
What ever happened to freedom of the press? Seems to me, this was a "public" event and given the fact that the identity of the "victim" can't be determined, I think this guy should get his job back!!! That's total BS!

NPN
01-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Copied from Epic:

the pic with endless punchlines, but really WTF? We went to the trouble of checking our inbox and here’s what the photographer Marty Odom had to say:

“Hello, my name is Marty Odom and I live in Vail, Colorado. I am/was a photographer on the mountain for Sharpshooter imaging. On my day off I pulled up to the lift line to see a naked man hanging from the chair lift. I happen to have my own camera with me and I shot a few pics. It was Jan. 1st and I shot the best photo that I’m going to shoot all year. I then sent it in to the Vail Daily, where it got printed the next day. Today I go into work to find out that I’m “suspended until further notice”, because the man is now suing Vail mountain and my photo makes their lift operations seem bad. The liftie forgot to put the seat down on the chair and somehow the man got stuck in the position that he was in. The chair wasn’t even stopped by the liftie, someone in the lift line had to punch the button. And even though I never mentioned the company I worked for, Vail Resorts pulled my pass and it looks like I’m going to lose my job over a photo. But the photo is worth it.
“The reason for all my ranting is that I hope you guys might enjoy this photo a whole lot. And if there is any kind of contest for “super gaper” or something that maybe I could submit it. And I thought u guys might enjoy the story behind it, the fact that it was enough to lose my job over.”
What a way to start the new year.

Now that sucks.

I laughed my a** off as a result of those pics.

But I do applaud her attitude, and I hope she counters with a lawsuit of her own ( even though I hate our lawsuit happy society ).