PDA

View Full Version : Webcam

Baldtodabone
01-09-2009, 05:45 PM
http://www.ipcamhost.net/flash/ptz/default/index.jsp?camera=whitefacemtn

Here is my gift to all of you Whiteface fans. It's our new Webcam at Midstation Lodge. Please keep in mind that it's still a work in progress. We hope to have it on the site next week!!

Your Friendly ORDA IT Guy.

highpeaksdrifter
01-09-2009, 06:01 PM
I can only make out the lights right now, but this is looking very good. Thanks much for the link.

nyspnypd
01-09-2009, 06:56 PM
http://www.ipcamhost.net/flash/ptz/default/index.jsp?camera=whitefacemtn

Here is my gift to all of you Whiteface fans. It's our new Webcam at Midstation Lodge. Please keep in mind that it's still a work in progress. We hope to have it on the site next week!!

Your Friendly ORDA IT Guy.

Thats what that wooden pole was for I could see it was facing the bench on the side of the midstation it is GREAT thank you!!

oldskibum
01-09-2009, 07:27 PM
That is really great, I could see the powder bank sign, and inside mid, and ski racks. When this gets up full time during the day, it will be a great added item to the web site. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Baldtodabone
01-09-2009, 08:05 PM
I'm hoping to move it higher on the pole so more of Mtn Run can be seen. The view of the valley will be amazing on clear days. It should also be cool to check out the scene on the Deck during nice weather. I'm sure it won't make everyone happy but the logistics of getting a data connection half way up a mountain were not small. My one fear is the wind can be harsh up there at night, I'm hoping not to find the camera in the parking lot after a bad storm.

NPN
01-09-2009, 08:31 PM
I'm hoping to move it higher on the pole so more of Mtn Run can be seen. The view of the valley will be amazing on clear days. It should also be cool to check out the scene on the Deck during nice weather. I'm sure it won't make everyone happy but the logistics of getting a data connection half way up a mountain were not small. My one fear is the wind can be harsh up there at night, I'm hoping not to find the camera in the parking lot after a bad storm.

Don't quite know who you are ( thought the new website guy was on this one ), but don't sell yourself short, anything other than the base lodge deck is A HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!!

And I do get the drama of this whole webcam issue, so big congrats, and most appreciated.

Dare to dream, someday the Whiteface site will mirror Snowbird's, and allow us to bounce from peak to peak, and mid-point to mid-point to mid-point.

In the meantime, mid-station deck is definitely movin' on up.

Many thanks!

Snowballs
01-09-2009, 09:39 PM
yeah. maybe we can scope out some uber Babes.

ssface
01-10-2009, 08:38 AM
You IT guys are the best!!
The camera is great ....especially the user control feature...terrific with the sun this morning
..agree that keeping it operational 24/7 might be a challenge due to harsh weather

THANK YOU, THANK YOU !!!!!!

campgottagopee
01-10-2009, 11:05 AM
That's awesome!!! Thanks

Snowballs
01-10-2009, 11:57 AM
yep. good clarity. fairly smooth video.

01-11-2009, 07:29 AM
Nice job Tim. Keep up the good work. Almost as good as the Squaw camera. Squaw just has a wider field of view.

toofaraway
01-12-2009, 08:15 AM
This thing is amazing! Thanks thanks thanks!

highpeaksdrifter
01-12-2009, 01:31 PM
I hate it when some knucklehead has control of it and keeps zooming in and out and spinning it around.

So far the longest wait time for me for control has been 4 minutes 50 seconds

I love it, but it is also torture. Even though I had 2 great days Sat and Sun I keep looking at that beautiful day there and I want to be in the picture.

I look at it too much. I have to limit myself.

By far the best addition to the WF website in years. Nothing comes close.

campgottagopee
01-12-2009, 02:36 PM
HPD----you ski saturdays and I work---we'll have to plan a time when your crew will be there and I'll take a snap shot of you guys---could be fun

highpeaksdrifter
01-12-2009, 03:02 PM
HPD----you ski saturdays and I work---we'll have to plan a time when your crew will be there and I'll take a snap shot of you guys---could be fun

I'm there every Sunday too. Anytime you're going to be there let me know and I'll set up a time to meet thread and SKIADK members can sign up and then we will all meet up. I know quite a few members and would like to meet more. I've made friends from this forum and you can't have enough of them.

highpeaksdrifter
01-13-2009, 09:32 AM
When you click back light what is that suppose to do?

Ullr
01-13-2009, 10:48 AM
they need to set the presets on the bottom of the screen. That's what all of the sites have that have this camera and there are alot. That will somewhat stop the knuckelheads (quote) form doing this. Nice camera. I agree the camera needs to go up alot higher so you can see more of the Mt.

Baldtodabone
01-13-2009, 10:54 PM
The Back light helps at low light times, morning and evening. You'll notice how much brighter the snow gets when its on.
I'm going to work on the Presets tomorrow I hope. I'll have to steal control for a while to do it though.
I have a couple more feet up on the post. I thought about a taller post but I think we'd have issues with wind. The cam shakes as it is in the wind, you can really notice it when its zoomed in. Hopefully after MLK weekend and the World Cup I can get the Camera moved up a couple more feet. I know not everyone will be happy with it but I can't make everyone happy. :)

ComeBackMudPuddles
01-16-2009, 05:05 AM
EXCELLENT!!

Thanks!

:P :P :P

Xtremeskiier
01-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Goood work!!! its in a nice location and has been needed for a long time!

CUskibum
01-23-2009, 11:43 AM
GREAT!!!

Perfect location, with lots of stuff to look at.

twinplanx
02-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Is it just me or has anyone else ran into some technical difficulties lately? There seems to be a greater deal of lag, from when I key in camera movement till when it actually moves. And I can't seem to access the presets? Time to upgrade my mouse maybe?

highpeaksdrifter
02-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Since the roof was bone dry at the Mid lodge, the view of it with the webcam webcam tomorrow should give a us good idea of how much snow we get tonight @ 2000 feet. Unless it blows off. Just a thin cover at 5:20.

twinplanx
03-15-2009, 06:53 AM
bump...cause this thread should never have to be buried on the 2nd page 8)