PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Valley Glades

highpeaksdrifter
01-20-2009, 12:33 PM
I did a reconnaissance run down the Wilmington Trail in search of an entrance for these glades. As most of you know the trees are really thick on the top of the trail and they just look too thick for a glad at all. I made a stop at the start of the rope on Hickory Hill and looked down in the valley. To my left I noticed some long breaks in the trees. From that distance they almost looked like trails.

I kept moving down the trail and continued to see breaks in the trees all along this immense and scenic valley. I’m thinking some work will have to be done to thin things out, but not nearly as much as I thought until I looked closely this time.

I still can’t figure out a natural entrance to these glades though. Time will tell.

Any thoughts?

NPN
01-20-2009, 09:15 PM
I can't remember exactly who was talking about this last weekend ( it was right after my header ), but I overheard either patrol, or a park guy telling someone that there will be a trail sign posted at the entrance, and it was nowhere near close to being ready.

So, for what it's worth, that's the only second hand info I can offer up.

S4L should have a better take on this, but he doesn't seem to want to share here anymore ( what's up with that? Did he get banned, and nobody told us? ).

Son of Drifter
01-21-2009, 12:31 PM
I can't remember exactly who was talking about this last weekend ( it was right after my header ), but I overheard either patrol, or a park guy telling someone that there will be a trail sign posted at the entrance, and it was nowhere near close to being ready.

S4L should have a better take on this, but he doesn't seem to want to share here anymore ( what's up with that? Did he get banned, and nobody told us? ).

If you and I aren't banned, then there's no way S4L could be. He's probably too busy with work and all.

NPN
01-21-2009, 06:19 PM

If you and I aren't banned, then there's no way S4L could be.

Ain't that the truth, but I was hoping to get a little rise out of him.

Obviously, he didn't take the bait.

nyspnypd
01-21-2009, 08:19 PM
I know they are opening this year but I think they still have some work they want to do on it. But that hill is Wonderful cant wait for lookout below and Hoyt's high open it will be Great!! :D

Skier 4 Life
01-21-2009, 10:06 PM

No, I haven't been 'banned'... at least I don't think I have. And yes, I have been quite busy at work (thanks for axin'). :wink:

As far as the new glades are concerned, work was started on the lower sections this past summer, but more remains to be done (this coming summer) to get them opened. As you may know, work on the Wilmington trail finished up late this past fall. Alot of the work that remains on the upper sections couldn't be done until all of the blasting and excavating being done on the new trail above was complete.

01-22-2009, 08:38 AM

No, I haven't been 'banned'... at least I don't think I have. And yes, I have been quite busy at work (thanks for axin'). :wink:

As far as the new glades are concerned, work was started on the lower sections this past summer, but more remains to be done (this coming summer) to get them opened. As you may know, work on the Wilmington trail finished up late this past fall. Alot of the work that remains on the upper sections couldn't be done until all of the blasting and excavating being done on the new trail above was complete.

Busy scamm'n sox that is!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: