PDA

View Full Version : My Take on Lookout Below

highpeaksdrifter
01-26-2009, 08:59 AM
It’s fast becoming one of my favorites. The more I skied it the more I liked it. It’s steep and on the narrow side. The whales that built up are now starting to get skied in to some well formed bumps. It’s a fun run top to bottom. I doubt it will be groomed and sure hope it never will be. I hope they just blow snow on it and leave it alone.

ComeBackMudPuddles
01-26-2009, 11:14 AM
It’s steep and on the narrow side.

Thanks for the report, HPD. What existing trail does it compare to at WF?

And what does "on the narrow side" mean? I'm sure not as narrow as Empire, but, Upper Wilderness/Upper Mac narrow?

tjf67
01-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Someone said it in anouther post. Kinda like Empire on steriods. It is a little wider and straight. It is steep all the way down. Certainly dont want to fall with anysort of speed cause you are not stopping.

highpeaksdrifter
01-26-2009, 12:00 PM
It’s steep and on the narrow side.

Thanks for the report, HPD. What existing trail does it compare to at WF?

And what does "on the narrow side" mean? I'm sure not as narrow as Empire, but, Upper Wilderness/Upper Mac narrow?

Yeah, about like Upper Mack. I heard it's about 60 feet wide. On a soft snow day with the sun on it, it's going to be tuff to beat.

Face4Me
01-26-2009, 12:30 PM
I skied it on Saturday morning ... it was like concrete. I'm looking forward to it on a day when it's a bit softer ... I think it will be great when it's in good shape.

CUskibum
01-26-2009, 01:38 PM
I skied it on Saturday morning ... it was like concrete. I'm looking forward to it on a day when it's a bit softer ... I think it will be great when it's in good shape.

I totally agree. Saturday was not a good day to for it because things got icy the night before. It'll be nice though, and it has all the makings of a nice bump run.

tjf67
01-26-2009, 02:34 PM

I totally agree. Saturday was not a good day to for it because things got icy the night before. It'll be nice though, and it has all the makings of a nice bump run.

It was hard but there was no ice on it. It was very chalky and edgable.

Quinn the Eskimo
01-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Any new trail is a good trail! I am quite confident that the good folks at WF will figure out how to manage it.