PDA

View Full Version : live from the gondi

Son of Drifter
01-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Power packed power #20. 10 min gondi lines which are quite long for the face. Partly sunny, windy not as cold as last weekend. /ood skiing so far. Got done putting up some orange netting. Willy trail skiing good as always. Word of advise when u borrow skis always adjust the binding. Some garper was coming out of his skis all down willy

highpeaksdrifter
02-01-2009, 05:17 PM
This live report is a good idea, but why not today? Also your BB must take pics right? Through a couple of those in too will ya?

Did I ask too much?
More then alot?
You gave me nothing
Now that's all I've got

Name that song

Son of Drifter
02-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Skied like my hair was on fire. No time for posting. I skied for a few hours and left. Litte hung over after a long night. Snow was great. Rolled nicey. I saw a snow tribe member in the river lot. This could mean those rumors are true. No more snowmaking.

highpeaksdrifter
02-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Skied like my hair was on fire. No time for posting. I skied for a few hours and left. Litte hung over after a long night. Snow was great. Rolled nicey. I saw a snow tribe member in the river lot. This could mean those rumors are true. No more snowmaking.

I haven’t heard those rumors. I heard the end of February. We still have Pres. Week coming up.

PM me where you heard that will ya?

NPN
02-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Four consecutive Gondis got beaten up with the same quieeerie, i.e., "I heard their laying off snowmakers, why did I buy a pass???***!!!"

Desired response, " SPEEDCHECK!!!, be happy we haven't been shut down completely with an almost blind, non-turning Gov in a trainwreck of a NYS economy ", but I left it at, "Pretty sweet turns today, dontcha' think?"

Snowballs
02-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Four consecutive Gondis got beaten up with the same quieeerie, i.e., "I heard their laying off snowmakers, why did I buy a pass???***!!!"

Desired response, " SPEEDCHECK!!!, be happy we haven't been shut down completely with an almost blind, non-turning Gov in a trainwreck of a NYS economy ", but I left it at, "Pretty sweet turns today, dontcha' think?"

NO WORRIES. I unleashed my Snow Dance this pre - season. The last time I boogied - we had near record snowfall !

Relax, get wax, haul a$$. Enjoy !

NPN
02-01-2009, 11:35 PM

NO WORRIES. I unleashed my Snow Dance this pre - season. The last time I boogied - we had near record snowfall !

Relax, get wax, haul a$$. Enjoy !

NOW THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!

Bottom line, we've got a chitload of base, temps are WAY cold for the more than fore-see-able future, and all the more reason to get out, and get it now, but that's just me.

Face4Me
02-02-2009, 12:12 AM

I haven’t heard those rumors. I heard the end of February. We still have Pres. Week coming up.

PM me where you heard that will ya?
I heard the same thing from three different patrollers over the course of the weekend. Can't say I'm surprised though. When ORDA was told to cut the budget back in the Fall, you just knew it was going to be trouble.

From what I heard, they'll only take the guns out if/when absolutely necessary in isolated areas of the mountain.

I guess we'll just have to hope for continued cold weather and maybe some help from Mother Nature in the form of some natural stuff.

ComeBackMudPuddles
02-02-2009, 06:15 AM
This live report is a good idea, but why not today? Also your BB must take pics right? Through a couple of those in too will ya?

Did I ask too much?
More then alot?
You gave me nothing
Now that's all I've got

Name that song

One.

I think line 4 might be "Now it's all I got".

highpeaksdrifter
02-05-2009, 08:38 AM
From today's snowcast:

You may have noticed that we currently are not making snow, we have an abundance of snow currently...no worries though our exceptional team is on standby and we are ready to make snow should the need arise......yahoo!!!!

Snowballs
02-05-2009, 09:19 AM
cool. prolly out ridin snow shovels in the mean time, huh? hehehe

Face ought to have a snow shovel riding event in the spring like the annual pond skimming event at Gore. would be fun. i'ld pimp mine out.