PDA

View Full Version : True Story

snoeboarder
02-11-2009, 11:49 AM
I was gonna dive right in but ... this is my 1st post!

A big hello to everyone on here. I love Gore & Whiteface, naturally. Our camp is in Thendara, so lil McCauley gets love too.
I wish I was closer to the big hills. I cant get enough! I can only imagine powder days being right on my doorstep. Anyone in LP or NC need a computer tech? :wink:

my question is ... Where can I find a copy of True Story? I saw a blog somewhere back in Nov. but web searching turned up nada for the dvd.

What about other NY riding/skiing films? Do they exist?

Thanks

baitman5238
02-11-2009, 12:45 PM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6302559308/virtualmacedo-20?dev-t=D3E49ECS9E0KO%26camp=2025%26link_code=xm2

mattchuck2
02-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Why would you give him a link fro Blizzard of Aahhs?

I've never even heard of "True Story". . . Is is a skiing flick or snowboarding?

Snowballs
02-11-2009, 08:21 PM
not sure if this is what you refer to, but at the bottom of Face's homepage is the featured video. at the bottom of that you'll see " Craig Stay ". click it. on the page that appears click " 10 videos ". there you will see a choice for True Story trailer. the opening jump is wild.

this is a NY SKI video. is it what your lookin for? let me know if you find a more complete version. perhaps post a comment on that page to get an answer.

also in this board, a thread titled " video from thursday, jan 29." there's some videos( one short, two long) made by some guys on here. they're good.

rossi
02-11-2009, 08:32 PM
saw true story at acc in november and it was such a good movie. as far as where to get a copy (i think thats what youre asking, just skimmed thru. ha.) fugative might know, he has skied with them a few times and at the premire we talked with the skiers for awhile after. ill have him find out some info. haha

Snowballs
02-11-2009, 08:38 PM
damn! missed it! i saw that premeir advertised and do not go. now that i've seen the trailer and read rossi's post - i'm bummed.

fujative.
02-11-2009, 09:06 PM
i just sent craig a message on another ski forum, and sent him a link to this thread. so either he'll message me back and i can get you some contact info, or he might make an account on here.

also, theres "Meatheads films", not so much NY specific, but Northeast. both true story and stuff by meatheads are mostly park skiing, but meatheads definitely has some good backcountry shots from jay, stowe, and other places. some of meatheads films are: wanderland, snow gods, born from ice, epoch, schooled, elevated, and their movie this year was head for the hills.

heres their website:
http://www.meatheadfilms.com

edit:
just got a response from him:

Hey man thanks for the help there. I tried to join that awhile ago and it didnt work. I tried again. Viking Ski shop has some copies. Also There is a shop in Lake Placid its like a skate clothing shop i forget the name. Also my websight. www.csfilms.net they can get my email and phone from there. If i cant get on there and post myself soon