PDA

View Full Version : Today's conditions 2/11/9

Snowballs
02-11-2009, 03:33 PM
i skied Gore today. the snow went wet quick. the summit held up till after lunch, then i had to leave. thank God the clouds returned and held the temps down. mother earth is starting to poke through. the weather report just said it's going to stay above freezing tonight with an inch of rain. :shock: not good. maybe the elevation will save the day.

anybody ski Face today? what were the conditions there?

Jack the Ripper
02-11-2009, 03:45 PM
i skied Gore today. the snow went wet quick. the summit held up till after lunch, then i had to leave. thank God the clouds returned and held the temps down. mother earth is starting to poke through. the weather report just said it's going to stay above freezing tonight with an inch of rain. :shock: not good. maybe the elevation will save the day.

There's a proper place for a gore condition report and that's the Gore message board. I opened this thread with the hopes of reading a first hand account of WF conditions only to be utterly disappointed by the first three words. If I cared to know about bore, I'd visit that board.

Snowballs
02-11-2009, 03:53 PM

There's a proper place for a gore condition report and that's the Gore message board. I opened this thread with the hopes of reading a first hand account of WF conditions only to be utterly disappointed by the first three words. If I cared to know about bore, I'd visit that board.

good for you. if you weren't so impateint you'ld get a look at other's replies here. i mentioned what happened at Gore to see if the same happened at Face.

do you need some cheese to go with that whine? tissue?

Spongeworthy
02-11-2009, 03:59 PM

There's a proper place for a gore condition report and that's the Gore message board. I opened this thread with the hopes of reading a first hand account of WF conditions only to be utterly disappointed by the first three words. If I cared to know about bore, I'd visit that board.PMS today? :roll:

Jack the Ripper
02-11-2009, 04:25 PM

good for you. if you weren't so impateint you'ld get a look at other's replies here. i mentioned what happened at Gore to see if the same happened at Face.

Impatient (i before E except ever C chief) is my middle name. No thanks to the cheese, I'm lactose intolerant (I will NOT tolerant it) and I've got plenty of tissues thanks for asking though.

Jack the Ripper
02-11-2009, 04:26 PM

There's a proper place for a gore condition report and that's the Gore message board. I opened this thread with the hopes of reading a first hand account of WF conditions only to be utterly disappointed by the first three words. If I cared to know about bore, I'd visit that board.PMS today? :roll:

Stirring the pot....... :twisted:

SKIdds
02-11-2009, 04:59 PM
PMS

Pissed (he) Missed Skiing.

That will make anybody a little cranky ;).

Perhaps the title of the thread should have included a question mark if the purpose was to inquire about WF condition. I'll give Mr. Cranky Pants ;) that much.

Not happy to hear about bare spots showing up a Gore already. At least cold temps will be back by Friday, with cold temps remaining for at least a couple of weeks. Some talk about a storm for Valentine's Day, although it is a bit premature. Of course, we all remember what it did last time it snowed on Valentine's Day, back in 2007. A guy can dream. We'd like to plan a trip for the last weekend in Feb, but I'll hold off until WF makes a strong recovery from this week's weather. I know, I know.....they do a great job grooming. Fine for the wife and kids, but Mac and Lookout Below are still closed because they are likely nothing but deadly ice moguls right now. I suspect they will stay that way until some significant new snow falls. Hard to count on snowmaking at this point, although it appears the snowmaking staff hasn't been given walking papers for the season.

All hail Ullr........

tjf67
02-12-2009, 09:05 AM

Cut him some slack he is a METS FAN BLAHAHAHAHA

Jack the Ripper
02-12-2009, 09:24 AM

At least get it right.......I'm a yankees fan...the wife is the met fan.

tjf67
02-12-2009, 09:42 AM

At least get it right.......I'm a yankees fan...the wife is the met fan.

You dont think I know that.

Ullr
02-12-2009, 11:01 AM

Stirring the pot....... :twisted:

Whiteface is hemmoraging snow. It's raining like crazy right now. This is the old blog site I knew.