PDA

View Full Version : Spring Skiing in Feb.?

Frostillicus
02-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Had an AWESOME day out there yesterday. Started out at 35 and warmed up to 42 degrees. Great corn snow and "Spring" skiing conditions. Rumor and Lies skied unbelievably well. Some spots in the woods were good, but won't last long in this current weather pattern. The bad news is that the snow is deteriorating quickly. Hopefully we cool back down and they can at least blow some snow at night before we get our next storm. Anyone not there missed out. I'm looking at you, Jimmer.

This weekend should be "interesting".

jimmer
02-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Had an AWESOME day out there yesterday. Started out at 35 and warmed up to 42 degrees. Great corn snow and "Spring" skiing conditions. Rumor and Lies skied unbelievably well. Some spots in the woods were good, but won't last long in this current weather pattern. The bad news is that the snow is deteriorating quickly. Hopefully we cool back down and they can at least blow some snow at night before we get our next storm. Anyone not there missed out. I'm looking at you, Jimmer.

This weekend should be "interesting".i know i flinched, thought it was gonna rain,im sorry i missed it

kornfein
02-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Wednesday was a great day, but by later in the day there were lots of bare spots appearing.

One disappointment I have not seen in the past though, they ere running the north chair and Burnt Ridge so we wanted to ski Tahawas glade but it was closed My wife asked ski patrol what was up, since there was plenty of cover. She was told that they did not have enough patrol folks to open it. Seems like they could always start sweeping earlier if that is an issue?

In addition when we went up top be found Lower Darby, Hulabaloo, etc closed we are guessing for the same reason. In years past they would open these trails with a sign saying you had to ski wood out to the North chair.

Frostillicus
02-12-2009, 02:02 PM
I thought that was odd too. I "heard" that some of those trails "may" have been skied anyway. I also "heard" that they "may have been" pretty good.