PDA

View Full Version : Well, How did it go?

02-20-2006, 06:39 PM
There is no chatter about the ski weekend. Either everyone is to tired to write or the skiing really sucked. I never ski on this holiday weekend. This holiday is worst than Christmas/ New Years week. I checked out the web cams at Kids Campus and it looked packed. I spoke to one of the regulars I ski with and he said the skiing was only good on Saturday until 10 am and then it became Iceface again. Like to hear some stories. :shock: :shock: :shock:

AdironRider
02-20-2006, 08:24 PM
I cant imagine it being very good with the rain followed by a 50 degree temp swing.

redalienx11
02-20-2006, 08:30 PM
I'll just day that Saturday I could see my reflection on the trail. Really Icy. Really Cold.

02-20-2006, 09:38 PM
I just talked to another friend that works at the Mt. He told me that 2 people lost pairs of skis in the woods. It was so icy that the ski brakes didn't work. Some girl form NJ lost a pair on Excelsor. Said she didn't want to ski anymore and just let them go. . The girls skis were rentals. Expensive weekend. She should have just spent the weekend shopping at the maullllll. Some guy slid down most of Essex and lost both his skis somewhere in the glades. Hopefully it will be 60 deg. soon so the ice will be skiable.

AdironRider
02-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Man Im glad I wasnt there to see the madness. Sleeping in for the first time in months felt good though.

Son of Drifter
02-21-2006, 04:15 PM
There is no chatter about the ski weekend. Either everyone is to tired to write or the skiing really sucked. :shock: :shock: :shock:

The latter. I "skied" Sunday only. I put the quotes around skiing because it was more like high speed slide slipping from one small patch of snow to another. The amazing part was all the people that just kept coming. People were still showing up at 12:30pm to start skiing. The only good trail was Lower Cloud which was covered in snow guns but everywhere else you were risking death. I've only skied the Face for the past 6 seasons and I never saw as much ice or as many people as I did Sunday. With all those people and all that ice I'm amazed no one was seriously hurt or worse. I stopped skiing out of concern for my own well being. :twisted:

mitchmac
02-22-2006, 11:25 AM
I skied Saturday and Monday and had a pretty good time of it. Got here early both days so that helped. Longest lift line I waited on was maybe 5 minutes max. Pretty much stayed out of the lodges as much as possible so didn't really have to deal with any crowd situations in there.

Like someone said, though, thank God for the little piles of snow at the end of some of those ice patches. Saturday afternoon, Excelsior was a skating rink from the top about halfway down. Saw more people sliding down on their butts than anything else. I was seriously wondering if anyone's ever actually ice skated down that trail.

Continual snowmaking was a bit of a hassle at times, but a small price to pay for snow cover, right?