PDA

View Full Version : Best bars/restaurants to check out in LP next weekend

Danzilla
02-17-2009, 12:35 PM
My wife and I are coming up to LP for a long weekend with some friends (all early to mid 30s). We usually ski at Gore so not too familiar with LP. Looking for some recommendations on bars and restaurants in LP. Nothing fancy - good eats good beer good music. We are planning on checking out the worldfest activites on Sunday.

Thanks in advance for the feedback. Looking forward to hitting WF after the hopefully epic dump this week.

D

tjf67
02-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Lisa G's. Good Food and Vibe.
Caribean cowboy. Different food but good. Get a pain killer.
Pub and Brewery. I like the IPA. The food is good as well.
Milanos Good food good vibe most upscale of the bunch. You dont need to get dressed up.

snowman
02-17-2009, 09:38 PM
in addition to tjf's list

Desperadoes - the pint house Margarita and the Casa Rola

TJF- we should go to the pub soon!

tjf67
02-18-2009, 08:38 AM
in addition to tjf's list

Desperadoes - the pint house Margarita and the Casa Rola

TJF- we should go to the pub soon!

Sat night??

DUST BLASTER
02-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Lisa Gs Good Food Fun Bar
LP Steak & Seafood Great Food but bring your BIGBOY Credit Card
Pub & Brew Can't say much for the food , Good place to go after dinner ( darts,pooltable and, UBU ALE)
Mr Mikes Good Pizza and Beer at resonable price.

Baldtodabone
02-18-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm going to have to Vote Lisa G's. Brews at the Pub are good but food at Lisa's is always great.

ComeBackMudPuddles
02-19-2009, 10:07 AM
the cottage is nice for a drink after skiing or lunch.

roomers for saturday night late-night (but, the crowd can get be good or terrible, depending on the night).

i like zig zags for a beer. have a few and then jump in the bobsled on main street. always a good time.

sadly, no more mudpuddles....

avoid steak and seafood for dinner (but, not bad for lunch).

the bar at the mirror lake inn makes the best manhattans i've had, if you want a cocktail (not much of a scene, but the manhattans are THAT good).

milano's is good for dinner.

there are more upscale options, but they're not really great for group dinners, i suppose.

CUskibum
02-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Wiseguys. Good burgers. I've never seen it crowded.

Bazzi's has pretty good pizza.

I've never had a bad meal at either...

tobnpr
02-19-2009, 06:47 PM
Ditto on everyone's suggestions above. I'll add that the Japanese rest. with the teppanyaki (sp?) cooking across from the Olympic Oval is good, too.
We come up for a week every year and have eaten at many of them in LP, most of them are good... but we avoid Pete's Steakhouse, Great Adirondack, and this year (unlike prior) Charlie's disappointed us as well.

Danzilla
02-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks for all the recommendations everyone. Sound's like Lisa G's is a recurring theme.

I'll let you all know how we make out.

ComeBackMudPuddles
02-23-2009, 08:18 AM
but we avoid Pete's Steakhouse

GREAT advice. Stay away. Very far away.

mikeharo
02-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Nicola's.

Snowballs
02-23-2009, 03:26 PM
tailgate? Stewart's for hot dogs, chips and sodas?

Danzilla
03-02-2009, 09:13 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone for the great feed back on places to check out. We had an awesome trip last weekend.

We cooked dinner saturday night at the house and then hit zig zags and had a good time there. We ended up taking the drunk bobsled picture out front late night. Yes we looked like silly touristas but who cares? The placement of the hot dog stand out front could not have been better either - best hot dog I ever had:)

We did dinner at Lisa G's on Sunday night and it was AWESOME. We sat next to the New Zealand Bobsleigh team. How often in life do you get to say that? We all got a different entree and everyone was very happy. We were all very impressed. I look forward to checking out some of the other recommendations the next time we are up.

Thanks again!

Peace.

D

Snowballs
03-02-2009, 09:22 AM
That's Cool..........Runnings.

bet the NZ team ordered the lamb.

snoeboarder
03-16-2009, 09:00 AM
Lisa G's was a great recommendation, thanks. Teriyaki Wings, Burger, Eggplant Parm, Molten Cake and coffee for two.

The buffet at the Courtyard is worth mentioning too. Good eats, great waffle mix.

NPN
03-16-2009, 07:24 PM
If you're looking for the true local apres' experience wander left, instead of right, and head 2.6 miles down the road to Steinhoff's. Great pub fare, Ubu (and all the rest ) on tap, amazing 'dak atmosphere, and you can always count on the flat screens tuned into CBC's coverage of the alpine World Cup.