PDA

View Full Version : Weather Forecast

tjf67
02-18-2009, 08:44 AM
I am getting two different reports. The station out of Watertown is calling for nothing but an inch or 2. starting tomorrow.

The station out of Plattsburgh is calling for 4-8 starting this afternoon and going through tomorrow.

The plattsburgh station has not gotten a storm correct this season. Gibbs got to stop hanging out with Phelps.

I am rooting for Gibb but he breaks my heart all the time.

Jack the Ripper
02-18-2009, 12:57 PM
I am getting two different reports. The station out of Watertown is calling for nothing but an inch or 2. starting tomorrow.

The station out of Plattsburgh is calling for 4-8 starting this afternoon and going through tomorrow.

The plattsburgh station has not gotten a storm correct this season. Gibbs got to stop hanging out with Phelps.

I am rooting for Gibb but he breaks my heart all the time.

Keep hope alive........he can't be wrong everytime. Law of averages says that ray of sunshine is bound to light up his backside one of these times.

highpeaksdrifter
02-18-2009, 03:45 PM
It started snowing around 3:30 - light to moderate.

Hoping for a powder day tomorrow. :D

takeahike46er
02-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Tomorrow should be decent, but Friday and Saturday might be even better. There could be substantial upslope snowfall over the next couple of days. Stay tuned

takeahike46er
02-20-2009, 02:44 PM
WF got screwed out of this one. The upslope snows that the models forecasted were minimal in the High Peaks region. Much of the moist air stayed further east with the secondary low. NH wasn't forecasted to get much snow on the backside, and Cannon ended up getting 8-10 inches last night.

Danzilla
02-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Accuweather just bumped down the forecast for Sat/Sun too. It was 3-6 Sat with 1-3 Sun. Now it is 1-3 both days. Hopefully they are wrong.

takeahike46er
02-20-2009, 05:43 PM
The smaller mountains to the north and west have been sucking up all the moisture and cutting down on accumulations at WF! Lots of fresh at Lyon Mountain, for sure.

Saturday night into Sunday morning is the best shot for a few inches as the winds shift from the SW and then from the S.

Moeghoul
02-21-2009, 10:48 AM
We're heading up to LP tomorrow and are feeling robbed that WF didn't get the dump like MRV and points N and E. We're debating whether or not to take off after midnite and hit MRG Sunday then head over to LP Sunday nite. Did any NY hills south of WF off the NY thruway get hit with 6"+ that I don't know about? We'd rather hit something more along the way than drive into VT.

NPN
02-21-2009, 06:43 PM
We're heading up to LP tomorrow and are feeling robbed that WF didn't get the dump like MRV and points N and E. We're debating whether or not to take off after midnite and hit MRG Sunday then head over to LP Sunday nite. Did any NY hills south of WF off the NY thruway get hit with 6"+ that I don't know about? We'd rather hit something more along the way than drive into VT.

http://forums.skiadk.com/viewtopic.php?t=2237

takeahike46er
02-21-2009, 11:08 PM
The good news is that the models are bringing the secondary low further inland with each pass. The bad news is that the bulk of the precipitation is forecast to fall just to the east of the Champlain valley. Once again, the Greens are going to get nuked. Let's hope the secondary low tracks further west so WF can get some of the heavier snowfall as the storm intensifies Sunday afternoon.

At the very least, there should be some modest accumulations by morning. Hopefully the wind won't affect lift operations tomorrow.

Did any NY hills south of WF off the NY thruway get hit with 6"+ that I don't know about?

The biggest snow fell in the lake effect zones. Plattekill is reporting 17'' in the past 72 hours, and Snow Ridge is reporting 13''.