PDA

View Full Version : Wholly Crap!

Snowballs
02-18-2009, 09:59 PM
It's starting to pile up pretty good here. 6-7 inches and still coming down hard. it's not the light and fluffies, but it's still snow. it's been coming down here since 2 pm. you guys need to call in sick tomorrow. in fact, tell them you'll feel better monday!

twinplanx
02-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Save some for me. I'll be up this weekend. How are the woods looking?

Jeff
02-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Annoyingly, the Gore website this morning only reflected conditions as of the previous afternoon. I don't think it's unreasonable for skiers to expect the website to be updated by say 8am to reflect conditions and expected operations as of that morning, especially when there has been a significant change overnight. And the report should state as of what time it was updated. Am I asking for too much here? Personally I don't much care for the spin and tone of Sugarbush's report (http://www.sugarbush.com/snow-trails-conditions/live-mountain-update), but I hold it out as an example of what skiers expect in today's enviornment of instant internet information. At least the bush's report sounds like they give a rat's a$$ about attracting, informing and retaining their customers -- Gore's is more like they really can't bother to make much of an effort.

ComeBackMudPuddles
02-19-2009, 10:09 AM
wait, so the snow coming down isn't good? as in, it's wholly crap?

or, it's really great? as in, holy crap?

Snowballs
02-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Annoyingly, the Gore website this morning only reflected conditions as of the previous afternoon. I don't think it's unreasonable for skiers to expect the website to be updated by say 8am to reflect conditions and expected operations as of that morning, especially when there has been a significant change overnight. And the report should state as of what time it was updated. Am I asking for too much here? Personally I don't much care for the spin and tone of Sugarbush's report (http://www.sugarbush.com/snow-trails-conditions/live-mountain-update), but I hold it out as an example of what skiers expect in today's enviornment of instant internet information. At least the bush's report sounds like they give a rat's a$$ about attracting, informing and retaining their customers -- Gore's is more like they really can't bother to make much of an effort.

couldn't agree more. how hard would it be for them to enter in the snowfall amount. it should be posted accurately and early, 7 am at the latest. that way people who don't live here can make an informed decision about whether the snowfall was enough to make the drive up worth it for them or worth it to blow off work.

case in point. i got between 8-10 inches here at exit 18. i'm up against the mtn and frequently get more than just across town or the river. same's true up at Gore. what fell at glens falls doesn't reflect accurately what happened at Gore. people need to know. people need to bitch.

i got stuck on the road infront of my house(see winter tire thread) so after skiing the last two days, i stayed home. i'll get it tomorrow and the rest of the weekend.

it's weird. yesterday it started snowing at 2:00 at Gore. INSTANTLY the skiing got much better. even though there was lose manmade down as soon as the natural hit it was that wonderful soft smooth glide. it only took minutes. there was 2+ inches on the car at 3:30. the 4 inches posted by Gore was probably down when Auntie Em left for the day.

While Auntie Em may not be there a 6 am, other mngt are. a few simple keystokes would help many customers. people need to bitch.

Snowballs
02-19-2009, 10:47 AM
wait, so the snow coming down isn't good? as in, it's wholly crap?

or, it's really great? as in, holy crap?

as in " wholly crap we're getting snow! ".

as stated, it's wettish, at least here. you can decide for yourself if that's good snow or not. after weeks of no snow, i'm thankful.

Jeff
02-19-2009, 11:18 AM
So just how much snow did Gore get anyhow?

Frostillicus
02-19-2009, 11:40 AM
GF got 7-9 inches of wetpack, perfect for snowman building. Unless Gore got some mysterious blast of cold arctic air, I don't think it will be all that much different up there. This is great "base" snow.

B SMACKER
02-19-2009, 04:23 PM

Agreed!!! I'm a golf professional at a private club in Maryland, and we update a daily course conditions website that takes about 2 seconds and it has to be done by 7 am. There is absolutely no reason that thing cant be updated in a timely mannar for up to date conditions. Just poor execution thats all....

Harvey44
02-19-2009, 06:46 PM
What fell is pretty real. I'm not feeling any mank or crudiness to it at 2000'. The snow on our property is deep. But I'm only sinking in through the last 8 inches or so.

I'm skiing solo, so anyone who wants company in the trees, please snag me.

jimmer
02-19-2009, 07:08 PM
you know,gore has a spot on there home page,just for this kind of stuff,go to contact us and let em have,ive gone there b4 and there answers were allways quit amusing.and speaking of crappy things the mt does heres 1- my friends kid forgot her pass and they charged her $5 for a ticket and said next time it would be $10, this is a guy that spent 1000s so his family could ski there,kinda cheesy if you ask me.

Snowballs
02-19-2009, 07:20 PM
you know,gore has a spot on there home page,just for this kind of stuff,go to contact us and let em have,ive gone there b4 and there answers were allways quit amusing.and speaking of crappy things the mt does heres 1- my friends kid forgot her pass and they charged her $5 for a ticket and said next time it would be $10, this is a guy that spent 1000s so his family could ski there,kinda cheesy if you ask me.

wow. my kid forgot his earlier this season and they gave him one for free. the next one would cost though.

outside of that, i do think they're lame though.