PDA

View Full Version : So Im going to make use of my dual pass this weekend

AdironRider
02-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Im heading down to Gore from the usual stomping grounds of Whiteface this weekend to take advantage of my dual mt college pass. What trails are the best for an alpine boarder? Ive heard about the Rumor and Lies but are they just going to be bumps? I like em steep and fast.

Wa
02-20-2006, 10:24 PM
Yesterday Rumor had bumps, but Lies was steep, fast, and icey at the top. Open Pit was good, Hullabaloo was good, and Hawkeye was good.

mattchuck2
02-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Yeah, Hawkeye, Chatiemac, Lies, Showcase would be fun on an alpine board. Topridge too. Yeah . . . especially Topridge.

adksara
02-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Went to Gore again today... to tired to drive... wicked headache - and so figured a run to the mountain would be a good clearing factor.

Picked up my dad early, early (my mom working - my husband working :) - tried hard not to grin a bit out the door) got to the mountain and on the gondola by 8am.

Quick run down the frontside back to the gondola to get the kinks out... then off to the summit.

A little ticked off - tried to head down Uncas to the summit. Closed for racing (they're racing states III all weekend) - no postings up above by the triple top... so down Topridge and back up. Topridge was wicked bumpy (and soft bumps) kind of fun, but not awake enough yet to appreciate them!

Summit was great until about 10:30. Hawkeye was good, Open Pit nice, Hullaballoo a little hard but still nice, rode up the Straightbrook with a guy who was grinning ear to ear and had a blast on Rumors. After a while with some more traffic things got a bit more scratched... legs were a bit tired from skiing for three days straight - so we headed home around lunch time.

If you're heading up there this weekend I'm sure Uncas and Twister will be closed for racing, but if you head up early you should get some nice runs in. Head up early and have fun! :D

-ADKSara