PDA

View Full Version : future Empire State Winter Games in jeopardy ?

Snowballs
02-20-2009, 02:18 PM
maybe.

http://www.rr.com/home/home/article/4473267/6933327/Winter_Games_are_in_jeopardy_Event_could_fall/1

nyspnypd
02-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Yes it seems it is sad we have a terrible governor who can give raises to himself and his other political aides but cant do anything to help NYS residents nor do anything to help tourism cause these games bring lots of tourism into the LP area and without them there goes alot of money out the door. Sad thing but who knows maybe we can get a Gov. that does something for its citizens and not himself :roll:

Snowballs
02-20-2009, 07:24 PM
yea, i don't buy that crap that his people were given raises cuz of extra duties. i think it's a red herring cuz he tried to do it on the sly.

if they were already putting in an true 40 hr. week how will they have enough time to do another $40,000.00 worth ? it's my opinion and experience that most of those politicos are overpaid and way under worked.

if they were given extra duties, then maybe they had too much time on they're hands already and should not get a raise. jmo

nyspnypd
02-21-2009, 04:42 PM
I agree him and the others do nothing more they just were getting greedy and really lets cut funding to things that bring in tourism to small towns that depend on the tourism yearly and I love how they start all of these "great" projects but cut funding in the end and then you have another unfinished project. Atleast pataki didn't do what Patterson is doing and in my opinion I think spitzer would have been better then Patterson.