PDA

View Full Version : How was it???????????

Jack the Ripper
02-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Details people. Please. Don't leave a brother hanging.

highpeaksdrifter
02-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Details people. Please. Don't leave a brother hanging.

The groomers did a great job, it was not as bad as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong it was "firm", but for the most part you could set an edge.

Sunny skys, no wind, temps in the low 20's.

mattchuck2
03-01-2009, 08:37 PM
(post deleted)

Snowballs
03-01-2009, 09:27 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock:

NPN
03-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Not as sweet as Saurday, but you had to expect the sub-zero temps were going to draw the moisture from that rain event to the surface.

Regardless, good times.

tjf67
03-02-2009, 08:31 AM
It was actually worse than I thought it would be. Sorry I missed you HPD, but I got up late (not expecting much), got to the mountain at 10:30 and I was off the mountain by 1:30 (went over and watched the Skeleton Luge Wold Championships).

It was real icy, nothing was open, and I hated the people there (most people seemed like they had a death wish the way they were skiing). Went to the top once, realized that Parron's and Follies were the only way down. I hate those trails because they go into excelsior, which is my new least favorite trail at Whiteface (worst skiers on the mountain). I tried to avoid it by ducking over to lower cloudspin, but the skiers over there were even worse and without any turns in the trail to slow them down, even more dangerous.

Spent the rest of the day lapping Mountain Run. Did the pipe once . . . It was Icy death. Did Parkway once, also Super Icy. Didn't find any runs worth skiing (even Mountain Run was sketchy at best), and the new lift wasn't even open for me to explore.

Went back today (Sunday) and it was the same story, mostly, but at least the Wilmington Trail was open so I got to explore a little. That trail might be the most dangerous trail ever designed. Turny, Narrow, and oddly marked a blue, it just begs for real bad skiers to go real fast on it. Then there's a 300 foot cliff on the left side all the way down. Thank god they had the foresight to put a fence there, or there would be a catastophic amount of deaths on that trail. I think I'd enjoy lookout below . . . too icy to open it today, though. (Skyward was also open today, so I got one on that before I returned to Mountain Run).

Now, let it be known, I'm not complaining about the ice (although it was pretty damn icy). I'm complaining about the other skiers. It's freaking crazy up there. All in all, I hate Whiteface. I'm going back to Gore next weekend. ;-)

It went from 45 to 0 in 6 hours. Thats what happens when you are on a big hill. I would think even the small hills like gore had similar problems.

mattchuck2
03-02-2009, 03:43 PM
No doubt.

But he asked the question. I was just giving the answer.

DUST BLASTER
03-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Skied both days and Sunday was much better than Saturday. I have to disagree with Matt's report there was not enough people on Sunday to get in anyones way.Unless your an out of control skier then maybe your sking trails over your head. You have to know your own ability. I agree it was firm but trails were skiable. My wife who is a begining skier enjoyed it all day on Sunday.