PDA

View Full Version : Sharing a private message......

Jack the Ripper
03-04-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm posting below a PM I received for the following reasons.

1. It's very funny (IMHO) and I think others would enjoy it.

2. It's about another forum member and I don't want to be accused of talking behind someone's back. You may not like what I say but rest assured I'll always say it to your face (or in this case post it) and not talk behind your back.

2a. I think I know Matt in very life (or I'm confusing him with another Matt at the mountain) and while I don't agree with everything said below I do believe he has a right to defend himself.

3. If you can guess who set me the PM, I'll buy you a cold one at the mountain. The person who sent it is not eligible but they should still guess so as not to give anyone a clue as to the real sender. LIMIT 3 GUESS PER PERSON

"i think matt's a BIG BS'r. he posted those anti WF flames/rants just to cover his butt cuz he first stated how great a skier his is, then HPD said he'ld ski w/him,matt said ok, and then matt pulled a no show AND no phone call! aka chickened out! i think it's big talk on here where he can act tough/hot shot and not have to prove it. then when he gets himself in a bind, he throws hissy fits. not the first time he went all girlie!

he MAY be a good skier, but he's still a lil punk a** bitch. i only mention this cuz he's also rude."

tjf67
03-04-2009, 01:14 PM
I will buy my own beer. I think I know who it is so I wont ruin the game. I think Matt is a very good skier. That said I have met a lot of great skiers I think are dinks.

BTW you coming up this weekend and will you be in the bar. Sat is going to be spring skiing

Jack the Ripper
03-04-2009, 01:17 PM
I will buy my own beer. I think I know who it is so I wont ruin the game. I think Matt is a very good skier. That said I have met a lot of great skiers I think are dinks.

BTW you coming up this weekend and will you be in the bar. Sat is going to be spring skiing

Yes and Yes. I may need to break out the twins if it's spring skiing conditions.

I don't think Matt's a dink...I don't agree with his gore is better stance but he's entitled it have it no matter how stupid and wrong it is to me. I just thought this would be a fun little thing and I feel that that private message should have been public from the start. If you think someones a dink, have the courage to call them a dink in a post where they can defend themselves. That's my whole point to this stupid thing. That and to drink beer.

highpeaksdrifter
03-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Matt is an instructor at Gore. I've seen vid of him and he has skills. At Alpine Zone he comes off like he is really in love with himself. I've never met him so I don't know if it's an act or not.

For the beer it's one of two people I can think of. I'm going to guess Freeheelwilly.

Guess # 2 Phiness.

I'll have a Stella thank you.

Jack the Ripper
03-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Matt is an instructor at Gore. I've seen vid of him and he has skills. At Alpine Zone he comes off like he is really in love with himself. I've never met him so I don't know if it's an act or not.

For the beer it's one of two people I can think of. I'm going to guess Freeheelwilly.

Guess # 2 Phiness.

I'll have a Stella thank you.

Not even close. You still have one guess.

Denison
03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
1. If it was a PM then neither Freeheelwilly nor Phineas could send one because they are banned. Or could they?

2. WHY would someone send you a PM discussing another forum member? My guess is you made it up.

Jack the Ripper
03-04-2009, 05:03 PM
1. If it was a PM then neither Freeheelwilly nor Phineas could send one because they are banned. Or could they?

2. WHY would someone send you a PM discussing another forum member? My guess is you made it up.

You're right on #1 and wrong on #2. I can forward the PM once the contest is over as proof I didn't make it up. I don't have that much time on my hands.

mattchuck2
03-04-2009, 05:41 PM
"i think matt's a BIG BS'r. he posted those anti WF flames/rants just to cover his butt cuz he first stated how great a skier his is, then HPD said he'ld ski w/him,matt said ok, and then matt pulled a no show AND no phone call! aka chickened out! i think it's big talk on here where he can act tough/hot shot and not have to prove it. then when he gets himself in a bind, he throws hissy fits. not the first time he went all girlie!

he MAY be a good skier, but he's still a lil punk a** bitch. i only mention this cuz he's also rude."

Ahhh . . . I see how it is.

I do talk myself up a lot on AZ (most of it is internet bravado), but I do have to say that I'm pretty good. If you don't believe me, that's fine too. I didn't "chicken out", I'll ski with you guys any time you want to come down to Gore. And I'm even thinking of coming up for your little bump contest. And people can call me a punk a$$ bitch all they want (I don't really care), but I don't like being called rude. I don't see what was rude about any of my posts. I consider it just general internet banter (the kind that everyone has).

And as far as who it was? Hmmm . . . somebody with access to PMs, who knows a lot about the situation . . . Originally thought son of drifter, but that writing style looks an awful lot like Jimmer's

jimmer
03-04-2009, 05:49 PM
aint me i dont have anything against ya,nor do i care enough to waste my time with pms,id say it to ur face,if thats what i thought,

Jack the Ripper
03-04-2009, 06:39 PM

I do talk myself up a lot on AZ (most of it is internet bravado), but I do have to say that I'm pretty good. If you don't believe me, that's fine too. I didn't "chicken out", I'll ski with you guys any time you want to come down to Gore. And I'm even thinking of coming up for your little bump contest. And people can call me a punk a$$ bitch all they want (I don't really care), but I don't like being called rude. I don't see what was rude about any of my posts. I consider it just general internet banter (the kind that everyone has).

And as far as who it was? Hmmm . . . somebody with access to PMs, who knows a lot about the situation . . . Originally thought son of drifter, but that writing style looks an awful lot like Jimmer's

I'm counting that as two guess and both are wrong. I have to admit gore does put on a better bump contest so you will be disappointed in the WF one. WF doesn't use the proper slope...they should do it on Wilderness but don't. I gotta ask why you thought it was SOD.

NPN
03-04-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't know Matt ( other than from his posts here ), but I have to agree with the "not rude" stance.

Otherwise, I think this thread is funny as hell, and, believe me, I needed the laugh.

Only guess from me is Snowballs.

Jack the Ripper
03-04-2009, 08:07 PM
NPN. First guess. Nice job. And the best part is I know where to find u.

Denison
03-04-2009, 08:37 PM
JtR, let me try second time.

I did a forum search for "cuz" and based on the results, my second guess would be *Snowballs*.

Stella's good, thank you.

NPN
03-04-2009, 09:26 PM
JtR, let me try second time.

I did a forum search for "cuz" and based on the results, my second guess would be *Snowballs*.

Stella's good, thank you.

Sorry, but if I may, "No points for second place".

Denison
03-04-2009, 09:41 PM
just noticed "we have a winner" header.

highpeaksdrifter
03-05-2009, 08:28 AM

I'm counting that as two guess and both are wrong. I have to admit gore does put on a better bump contest so you will be disappointed in the WF one. WF doesn't use the proper slope...they should do it on Wilderness but don't. I gotta ask why you thought it was SOD.

They pushed it back to the first Sat. in April. They might have to have it on Skyward by then. :wink:

The best place for that is right in front of the CS Lounge like it use to be. Everybody could hang out on the deck and check out the action. That was fun.

For good competition I'd put it on Lower Mack, don't seed the course, just let it rip old school.

I like Walt's bump contest at Gore too. They blow a ton of snow on Lower Hawkeye, let skiers rut it out for 2 days, then it's go time. It's also well run and well judged. The judges are not just looking to get it over with, they try to give everyone a fair shot and you get to see your scores go up right after you finish. Very cool.