PDA

View Full Version : Whiteface Gondola Video

03-05-2009, 08:46 PM
What's up with the Gondola video that some kids made and were dumb enough to post on You Tube? I heard about it on the news and went to You Tube to view and it wasn't there. Did anyone see it? I heard 2 of the kids lost season passes and now they might press charges!

Jack the Ripper
03-05-2009, 09:10 PM
What did the news say was on the vid?

faceridr
03-05-2009, 09:44 PM
http://www.wptz.com/news/18863784/detail.html

NPN
03-05-2009, 11:31 PM
As they say, " Even Negative Press Is Good Press", but on the perp side, " JUST HOW STUPID CAN YOU GET!!! ".

Regardless, that type of nonsense would've never happened if Willy's Yellow Jacket had been part of that ride to Lil 'face ( so sad that we can't be everywhere ).

cover
03-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Wow, that's pretty crazy, and ya, how dumb can u be

snowman
03-09-2009, 11:09 AM
here is an article about it

http://adirondackdailyenterprise.com/page/content.detail/id/505344.html?nav=5008

Slinky
03-09-2009, 02:08 PM
this is such a horrible act....i've been riding for about 10 years between Whiteface, Jay Peak, Smuggs...etc and there are so many great people that i've run into on lift rides...its horrible to see an act like this publicized. These kids should be brought to the mountain and given the chore of cleaning every gondola and every chair for next season.

mattchuck2
03-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Yeah.

I didn't know what you guys were talking about until I clicked the link (I thought that some kids were smoking some weed or something and put that video on Youtube). But what they did was really, really, a-hole behavior, and I'm glad they're pressing charges.

I'll support anyone's right to be an a-hole, but there's a certain level that you shouldn't cross. I think letting an argument escalate to the point where you're threatening to throw someone out of a Gondola is waaaaaaayyy past the line.

highpeaksdrifter
03-09-2009, 03:59 PM
A bunch of people threatening one person, in a confined space, where he has no hope of defending himself or getting away is shameless and cowardly. I’m glad they where stupid enough to put it on Utube. I hope they throw the book at them.

CUskibum
03-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Just read the article. wow, how stupid can you get?

Snowballs
03-10-2009, 02:55 PM
too bad he didn't just beat their a$$. :lol: :lol: :lol:

i know what i'ld have done.

there's a link on that page's right hand side that shows you part of the video. looks like some of them were boarders. punks on boards? gee, what a surprise.

Baldtodabone
03-10-2009, 06:18 PM
I think the scariest part is that punks like these are the future of our country. I would have never even thought of doing something like that when I was a teenager. The cops would have been the least of my worries, I would have been more afraid of what my parents would have done to me.

Snowballs
03-10-2009, 06:32 PM
[quote="Baldtodabone"]I think the scariest part is that punks like these are the future of our country. I would have never even thought of doing something like that when I was a teenager. The cops would have been the least of my worries, I would have been more afraid of what my parents would have done to me.[/quote

Amen, Brother, Amen !!!

i don't mean to post too much here, but i've always disliked bullies.

Xtremeskiier
03-10-2009, 08:01 PM
That's just F***ed... Damn snowboarders!

ac
03-11-2009, 08:58 AM
As a new member to the board I can't believe my first post is going to be to be on this topic instead of important things like skiing my new favorite mountain.

I brought my 11 year old daughter up presidents weekend for father daughter ski weekend. She finally talked me into letting her go up the singles line (to save 2 minutes) and ride by herself. After watching the video I will have to think long and hard about letting her ride herself. Obviously has nothing to do with Whiteface and I've never heard of this any other time, but it makes you realize how long 9 minutes can feel with the wrong bunch of people in the car or on the chair.

Snowballs
03-11-2009, 11:11 AM
welcome to the board AC ! we hope you find it useful, fun and informative while you " ride a chair " with us. you seem like a concerned parent. wish the kids in the gondi video had better parents.

as you mentioned that incident was no reflection on Face. let's hope the many foreign nationals that visit Face do not get the same treatment or come away with a bad impression of the mtn and our country.

i've noticed many Slavic visitors this year, both at Face and Gore. there is also Slavic workers there and many here at the Great Escape Park/ Lake George area. the ones i've met are friendly happy people, nice to be around. it always makes my heart happy to see them be able to act and travel freely while enjoying life. that's a very good thing !

welcome aboard AC !

Jack the Ripper
03-11-2009, 01:19 PM
welcome to the board AC ! we hope you find it useful, fun and informative while you " ride a chair " with us. you seem like a concerned parent. wish the kids in the gondi video had better parents.

as you mentioned that incident was no reflection on Face. let's hope the many foreign nationals that visit Face do not get the same treatment or come away with a bad impression of the mtn and our country.

i've noticed many Slavic visitors this year, both at Face and Gore. there is also Slavic workers there and many here at the Great Escape Park/ Lake George area. the ones i've met are friendly happy people, nice to be around. it always makes my heart happy to see them be able to act and travel freely while enjoying life. that's a very good thing !

welcome aboard AC !

You might want to wipe your chin after that slobbering

Snowballs
03-11-2009, 01:32 PM
I'ld rather whip you.

Jack the Ripper
03-11-2009, 02:35 PM
I'ld rather whip you.

:roll: lol. I'm always skiing whiteface....look me up. :twisted:

highpeaksdrifter
03-11-2009, 02:45 PM
That's enough of that fellas. Not cool and unnessary.

nyspnypd
03-11-2009, 03:34 PM
As a new member to the board I can't believe my first post is going to be to be on this topic instead of important things like skiing my new favorite mountain.

I brought my 11 year old daughter up presidents weekend for father daughter ski weekend. She finally talked me into letting her go up the singles line (to save 2 minutes) and ride by herself. After watching the video I will have to think long and hard about letting her ride herself. Obviously has nothing to do with Whiteface and I've never heard of this any other time, but it makes you realize how long 9 minutes can feel with the wrong bunch of people in the car or on the chair.

I can tell you after going 7 years in a row this is the first year something like this has happened I would not let it change your thinking of the mt.

ac
03-11-2009, 04:53 PM
No worries here. It's so far out of the norm for most mountains, much less Whiteface. A one-off by a few nutso kids that will get prosecuted shouldn't change anyone's mind, especially since I suspect that EVERYONE else who skis will be especially sensitive and on watch. My problem is that now my daughter is pushing for a trip to NH this weekend instead of the Face. Wish me luck.

Denison
03-11-2009, 09:31 PM
My problem is that now my daughter is pushing for a trip to NH this weekend instead of the Face. Wish me luck.

Try to sell WF on Lake Placid activities. Skating oval is done for the yaer but there still plenty to do.

snowman
03-12-2009, 07:12 AM
the Nor-am finals start today thru the weekend
http://www.firsttracksonline.com/News/2008/3/9/NorAm-Cup-Alpine-Skiing-Finals-Hit-Whiteface/