PDA

View Full Version : live from nastar

Jack the Ripper
03-08-2009, 11:24 AM
A lazy sunday at the face. Firm this morning but has soften up nicly. No one is here today. The sun is now out. Lookout is skiing great. The macs are rocking. Mountain run and wilderness are butter. It turned out to be a very nice day indeed. The spotty rain last night didn't hurt that much. Need to start getting the turns while you can.

snowman
03-08-2009, 11:56 AM
It's a little firm and breezy at the top, but really nice everywhere else. As jack said mid mt is great.

Jack the Ripper
03-08-2009, 04:44 PM
It got even better late. The clouds moved off the top.

highpeaksdrifter
03-08-2009, 04:57 PM
How about posting those pics from Saturday?

Jack the Ripper
03-08-2009, 05:10 PM
How about posting those pics from Saturday?

Patience is a virtue. Check Jack's pics soon.

mattchuck2
03-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Are there bumps on the Macs?

highpeaksdrifter
03-09-2009, 08:11 AM

After grooming to cut loses from the heat wave, they’re letting it bump up again. It’s getting there.
Best bump action was on Lookout Below. Very fun.

DUST BLASTER
03-09-2009, 08:46 AM
The Mac's were the run of the day on Sunday nice soft bumps.

tjf67
03-09-2009, 10:46 AM

Bumps were on look out below. BTW I had to take a second or two at the top before I jumped in. But that just me. If I were a PSIA level DB I would have probably just jumped in with no hesitation

Jack the Ripper
03-09-2009, 12:34 PM

By now I'm sure it's bumped up nicely. Lookout below had some nice ones.

mattchuck2
03-09-2009, 03:05 PM
(post deleted)

mattchuck2
03-09-2009, 03:12 PM

After grooming to cut loses from the heat wave, they’re letting it bump up again. It’s getting there.
Best bump action was on Lookout Below. Very fun.

Nice. I'm glad Lookout Below was open. With the extra snow on it, it should be good for a little while (hopefully).

03-09-2009, 03:24 PM

I skied LOB on Sunday and if you think the bumps were nice then you need to get out a little more. Lower Mac was great on Sat & Sun. Must have been some good bump skiers there because the breast-like mounds were round, soft and symetrical. Lots of fun. They were even fun on Sat when I had my Hellcats on. Sunday I skied on my Enforcers and it was great. That ski can turn for a fatty. Uppper Mac was slowly getting bumped up. I guess most of the bump skier come in from Wilderness. The upper mac headwall was fun. Steep and soft. That's got to be the steepest pitch on the MT.

Jack the Ripper
03-09-2009, 03:45 PM
I skied LOB on Sunday and if you think the bumps were nice then you need to get out a little more.

I like my bumps like I like my breasts BIG, round and firm but not too firm, don't like silicone or hard bumps. :twisted:

highpeaksdrifter
03-09-2009, 03:48 PM

I skied LOB on Sunday and if you think the bumps were nice then you need to get out a little more. Lower Mac was great on Sat & Sun. Must have been some good bump skiers there because the breast-like mounds were round, soft and symetrical. Lots of fun. They were even fun on Sat when I had my Hellcats on. Sunday I skied on my Enforcers and it was great. That ski can turn for a fatty. Uppper Mac was slowly getting bumped up. I guess most of the bump skier come in from Wilderness. The upper mac headwall was fun. Steep and soft. That's got to be the steepest pitch on the MT.

I can't get out more and still work my full time job.

Bumps that are soft, evenly spaced and round are fun to ski. I also like to ski bumps like those on LB where there is no easy line and you have to think your way down. I like the technical aspect. They’re not everybody’s cup of tea, but I enjoy them.

Come to Walt's bump comp at Gore on 3/21, you'll have a blast. It's really run well with great prizes. We'll put you on team Nordica.

highpeaksdrifter
03-09-2009, 04:06 PM

Bumps were on look out below. BTW I had to take a second or two at the top before I jumped in. But that just me. If I were a PSIA level DB I would have probably just jumped in with no hesitation

Wow.

Did I ever say, on any of my posts, tjf is a Douchebag? Did I ever brag about PSIA levels?

You don't have to check the tape. I wouldn't say anything like that because I have no problem with you (and I kind of like to keep my instructor status on the dl so I don't get yelled at). You, for some reason, seem to have a problem with me. That's fine, man. I just think you should probably relax a little. Just because I said Whiteface was icy and didn't have many places that make you think twice, that's not a personal attack on you.

Take it easy, bro.

Matt, you rubbed a lot of people here the wrong why in what many perceived, rightly or wrongly, as an attack on our mountain. If I did the same on the Gore side of the forum, I’d expect the same kind of hostile treatment.

You’re a good skier and probably a good guy (I say probably cause we have not met). How about we all start over? Peace.

mattchuck2
03-09-2009, 04:09 PM
How about we all start over? Peace.

That'd be nice.