PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Spring Weekend

SKIdds
03-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Yes, it is sad to be saying that in mid March.......but I think we can all make the best of it! Don't forget the sunscreen. Sunny and 40's all weekend. We're headed up Saturday. Skiing Sun, Mon, Tues. NOAA actually has Tuesday close to 50 degrees.

Who's around this weekend/early next week? I'll probably have a few hours to myself on Sunday afternoon. Hoping for some nice soft bumps on the Macs and Lookout. My brother and I will be harvesting copious amounts of corn on Monday while the kids are in ski school.

For those who like winter, there may be good news. The second half of March is looking colder, with some opportunities for snow.

tjf67
03-13-2009, 10:57 AM
I will be around. We need some bumpers up here to build them up.

mattchuck2
03-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Gore on Saturday and Sunday, Whiteface Monday-Wednesday . . . but doing a tryout Tuesday and Wednesday. Will still be at the bar after those days, though.

SKIdds
03-13-2009, 01:04 PM
tj......I'll keep my eye out for you on Sunday.

Matt....what will you be wearing Monday, in case we cross paths? I'll be in a green Columbia jacket, black ski pants. If it is really warm I may be in a grey or possibly a gaper, throwback, yellow-orange North Face vest (my wife hates that thing!). Reddish Apache Stryker skis. I'll be skiing with my brother (blue jacket).

mattchuck2
03-13-2009, 01:24 PM
I have a olive greenish Helly Hansen Jacket, Black Snowpants, Orange Tecnica Boots, and probably my new Volkl Racetigers (after my Apache Recons' Marker bindings crapped out on me).

I'll be skiing with my wife, who's far more recognizable in a Pink Helly Hansen jacket, White Lange Boots and Also Volkl Racetigers.

SKIdds
03-13-2009, 02:10 PM
I'll keep my eye out for you.

I love my Strykers (essentially the Recon without the Titanium). The Marker bindings have been great so far, but you get a lot more days than I do.