PDA

View Full Version : trails closed

tjf67
03-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Don't you think in the spring they should open all the trails and just point out that there is thin cover. Cloud has plenty of lines left on it but they are left there jsut to melt.

WHat with the sally attitude? I thought whiteface makes you better?

snowman
03-17-2009, 10:10 AM
I like that idea. That is sorta what I expect from "spring" skiing. I was at Sugarbush yesterday - we skied Castle Rock all day. There were some very thin spots (I did my first grass skiing), but there was tons of snow in most places. I know I have skied runs that required a small walk at the end.
Maybe the yellow jackets could shovel a pathway in the bare spots. (that is a joke)

nyspnypd
03-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Don't you think in the spring they should open all the trails and just point out that there is thin cover. Cloud has plenty of lines left on it but they are left there jsut to melt.

WHat with the sally attitude? I thought whiteface makes you better?

You know I did notice how cloudspin could be opened and you could make it down but I think it is a good idea it is the end of the year so why not enjoy it all.

NPN
03-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Maybe the yellow jackets could shovel a pathway in the bare spots. (that is a joke)

I think you're forgetting, Mountain Hosts are sporting "Burnt Orange" this season.

SKIdds
03-17-2009, 11:45 PM
I was commenting to my brother on the lift Monday that I think WF is sometimes a little too conservative in opening terrain. Not positive why, but the big L word (liability) is usually the reason. Doesn't matter what warning they print on the ticket, we live in a litigious society where he who is right does not always win (or come out on the positive end of the settlement).