PDA

View Full Version : WEAR A FRIGGIN' HELMO!!!

NPN
03-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Okay, obviously I actually turned on the idiot box tonight.

But, after just seeing the news that Natashia Richardson ( sp ) may be checking out from a severe head injury while taking a NOVICE ski lesson without a helmo, I've gotta' ask, WHY DON'T PEOPLE WEAR HELMETS?

Sony B., that Kennedy guy, now NR.

How many celebs have to sacrifice themselves to let the ski/ride community know that a brain bucket is not only more comfortable, but actually safer than a hat???

Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate freedom of choice, but this seems to be, I'm sorry, a NO BRAINER.

Jack the Ripper
03-19-2009, 11:48 AM

But, after just seeing the news that Natashia Richardson ( sp ) may be checking out from a severe head injury while taking a NOVICE ski lesson without a helmo, I've gotta' ask, WHY DON'T PEOPLE WEAR HELMETS?

How many celebs have to sacrifice themselves to let the ski/ride community know that a brain bucket is not only more comfortable, but actually safer than a hat???

Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate freedom of choice, but this seems to be, I'm sorry, a NO BRAINER.

I just read that she died. Unbelievable. What a terrible lose.

The hand full of times my wife has gone skiing she didn't have a helmet on....that will never happen again.

ssface
03-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Please read this NSAA fact article to bring the helmet discussion into perspective: http://www.nsaa.org/nsaa/press/0809/helmet-safety.asp
thxx

NPN
03-19-2009, 07:30 PM

The hand full of times my wife has gone skiing she didn't have a helmet on....that will never happen again.

Thank God that at least some change will come from this sacrificial lamb, and I hope you're not the only one who takes notice.

BTW, anyone who sees you in your stylin' new Smith should make YOU the poster boy for this crusade.