PDA

View Full Version : APA is currently considering...

nyspnypd
03-19-2009, 03:17 PM
The APA is currently making plans to allow wind turbines to be put inside of the park itself. I am thinking maybe WF could put some up once they get the plans laid out and the rules in place. The Mt. could be off the grid and make 10 times more money plus it would attract people from around the area to come see what a turbine looks like. :)

NPN
03-19-2009, 07:21 PM
The APA is currently making plans to allow wind turbines to be put inside of the park itself. I am thinking maybe WF could put some up once they get the plans laid out and the rules in place. The Mt. could be off the grid and make 10 times more money plus it would attract people from around the area to come see what a turbine looks like. :)

I'll believe it when I see it, but it never hurts to dream.

Baldtodabone
03-19-2009, 08:20 PM
They considered putting up wind turbines a few years back but got shut right down. I did read an article here in the local LP paper that the APA is going to make things easier. It would only make sense with the amount of power the mountain uses and the amount of wind we get. Who knows maybe Whiteface would end up on the plus side with NYSEG paying us.

Dave L
03-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Yeah, then maybe they could lower the price on their $74 midweek! Ah, heck, it's worth every penny!

NPN
03-22-2009, 08:16 PM
Yeah, then maybe they could lower the price on their $74 midweek! Ah, heck, it's worth every penny!

Dave, Whiteface offers you many ways to save a buck. Season passes, and snow samplers are the most obvious, but they also participate with Price Choppers Big Mountain Pass, Koscovs ( sp ) online discount program, and I'm sure many others I don't know about. But you are right when you say even at full boat it's worth every penny.

jean marie
03-25-2009, 02:45 PM
the wind towers in Altona are surreal.....but I truely believe if Whiteface puts them in...the winds would stop!
maybe not the worst idea out there..

NPN
03-25-2009, 08:40 PM
the wind towers in Altona are surreal.....but I truely believe if Whiteface puts them in...the winds would stop!
maybe not the worst idea out there..

jm, your posts are few, and far between, but no one can ever question the depth of quality.