PDA

View Full Version : Closing Predictions??

adkskier
03-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Anyone care to venture their best guess as to how soon we need to transition from skiing to mud season? Without a snow storm it doesn't look like we'll be skiing on Easter. I noticed that they are down to 3 lifts during the week. They are already laying off lift attendants. Can we get three more weekends?

Spongeworthy
03-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Can we get three more weekends?Without some snow, no way :(

fujative.
03-26-2009, 07:09 PM
well im not sure about you guys, but this is looking like it could be my last weekend. sat night up to 1/4inch of rain, sunday 1/2-3/4 inch of rain.

Lbtchnlgs
03-26-2009, 07:24 PM
I was at Vail today. 40" of fresh :lol:

Spongeworthy
03-26-2009, 09:37 PM
I was at Vail today. 40" of fresh :lol:I want to say something nasty, but good for you. Unless you're rubbing that in :evil:

Did you plan this a while ago and really luck out? I've rarely had luck with that. Enjoy your good fortune.

Harvey44
03-26-2009, 10:34 PM
I was at Vail today. 40" of fresh :lol:I want to say something nasty, but good for you. Unless you're rubbing that in :evil:

Did you plan this a while ago and really luck out? I've rarely had luck with that. Enjoy your good fortune.

Chris has been living at Breck most of the winter. So yeah that might be considered good luck.

Good on ya Chris...miss your late night commentary.

takeahike46er
03-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Conditions have been great the past couple of days, but coverage has been deteriorating quickly. Topridge was the latest trail to close due to bare spots near the top. Get at it because there won't be much left after this weekend.

TomCat
03-27-2009, 07:22 AM
I think if they made a decent amount of snow on the north side and dark side they would be in much better shape in the spring. They hold the snow really well.

tom

Harvey44
03-27-2009, 08:09 AM
I think if they made a decent amount of snow on the north side and dark side they would be in much better shape in the spring. They hold the snow really well.

tom

That's really a cool idea. I don't think it would ever happen but.... you could extend the season. The SB side is good in the early spring when temps are barely above freezing. It gets all that sun.

For later in the spring....pile it up over on the North Side and as temps really warm...run the Adk Express...cut over on Wood Out (?) and run the High Peaks chair.

Tom Cat for Prez.

Powderqueen
03-27-2009, 10:04 AM

tom

I don't think they need to make snow on the north side. There is plenty of snow over there. It stays well.

What happens is that they lose snow on the traverses and connectors, which is where they need to pile the snow. They seem to do that to a degree.

I'll be there tomorrow, so I'll take note of where the thin spots are. Such a shame that Topridge is done :cry:

I just hope that Rumor and Lies hold out.

takeahike46er
03-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Lies was holding up better than Rumor, but both should last through the weekend. I couldn't believe that Double Barrel was still open!

BTW... it appears that Topridge is open again based on the conditions report. They must have moved some snow around last night. Good thing because coverage on much of the trail is still decent.

TomCat
03-27-2009, 12:10 PM
I'll also be skiing tomorrow and I'll bet that both north side and dark side will be closed. Hopefully I'm wrong.

tom

Jeff
03-27-2009, 12:46 PM
North side should be closed, but I would expect the Dark Side to be open. Am hoping to be there.

jimmer
03-27-2009, 08:52 PM
they dont want to extend there season any longer than they have too,theres allready talk of going to 4 days a week,they cant wait to shut the doors,dont you think they know where the bare spot start to show,and if they wanted they could take precautions thru the year to make sure there was snow there for like now.theres nobody there,and cant blame them for not going,if i had to buy a ticket,it wood be for somewhere with more trails and more lifts spinnig.
btw the skiing was fantastic today